Question about wiring TR harness into an El Camino

HEY! I like it. Thanks Gbodyparts, Brian. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Picture 254.jpg
    Picture 254.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 444
You're making me look bad Red. Nice work.

Naaa .. I just have more time than you do. Brian is supplying me with a complete TR under dash harness, so I guess when it comes, that will start another project within a project. I got the mechanics going, engine, trans, and rear. I got the painting going, so far painted in BC/CC black, both doors, one fender, and the tailgate. And now, I'll have the dash swap going. :eek: Hope to make some chevy owner over at El Camino Central happy and relieved he's finally found that perfect El Camino dash he's been looking for, for $500. :D

Hey Red, I know this isn't a wiring issue but I was dealing with it today and thought I'd pass it along for your consideration. It's the exhaust system. As you pointed out in another post, the El's wheelbase is longer than a GN or Monte or any other G body except a wagon. I have found that all the major exhaust manufacturers include the El Camino in their kits, and sell you the same kit as they would sell for a Malibu. Have you planned that far ahead yet? I didn't, and got the Pypes stainless kit. It wasn't until I was trying to install it did the wheelbase difference became apparent. Any thoughts on this?

Hey Red, I know this isn't a wiring issue but I was dealing with it today and thought I'd pass it along for your consideration. It's the exhaust system. As you pointed out in another post, the El's wheelbase is longer than a GN or Monte or any other G body except a wagon. I have found that all the major exhaust manufacturers include the El Camino in their kits, and sell you the same kit as they would sell for a Malibu. Have you planned that far ahead yet? I didn't, and got the Pypes stainless kit. It wasn't until I was trying to install it did the wheelbase difference became apparent. Any thoughts on this?

I'm not sure what I'm doing about that. I might temporarily bolt up a junk exhaust system I have here because I have a couple new Summit turbo mufflers and turndowns, until I get the bugs worked out. Ultimately, I was going to get a hooker catback and lengthen the pipes before the mufflers. If you already own that Pypes system and installed it, you probably have already done this.

Just an FYI, when doing my hybrid, I worked with a company called Torque Tech who were very helpful and willing to sell me half of a 3" dual setup for a 65 A-body. With a bit of extra pipe where the CAT would be this bolted up very nicely and looks like an almost factory 3" single. I believe they carry the longer elco parts as well.

Cheers.
-Rich

Slowly, but I installed one of my new wheels and tires to give myself some cheap thrills ....... ;)

Attachments

• Picture 296.jpg
    Picture 296.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 286
  • Picture 287.jpg
    Picture 287.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 274
  • Picture 278.jpg
    Picture 278.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 301
RE-carpetting, finally upgrading my interior with an ($10) exceptionally nice used carpet from a 92 Caprice SW ....

Attachments

• Picture 307.jpg
    Picture 307.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Picture 310.jpg
    Picture 310.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 232
don't you hate parasites? .... and people who enable/empower them? The entire US CONGRESS! :mad:

Attachments

• umad_anthony_weiner.jpg
    umad_anthony_weiner.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 233
  • madoff_web.jpg
    madoff_web.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 242
don't you hate parasites? .... and people who enable/empower them? The entire US CONGRESS! :mad:

Yes John, and I cannot help but think there is a revolution brewing. Eventually us "common folk" will have our fill and be forced to take action in order to save our nation.

Moving forward .... LS1 brake conversion ..... DONE!

Attachments

• Picture 311.jpg
    Picture 311.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 232
  • Picture 304.jpg
    Picture 304.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 237