Protect Your Turbo

I saw Red Regal Ts car up at the nationals. That is one sweet car. I wish I had a car as nice as his. I saw the turbo luber gizmo he made up. I think it looks cool. It's compact. Not like the big turbo saver and probably would only cost a few dollars to put together. You guys got something against saving money? :confused:

Hey John..

"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"

hehe.. ya should relocate the lines by adding some more tubing, then charge 150.00. ;)

And of course make sure those lines leak on your front tires like the $175 turbo Buick vendor version makes them. ;)

John-

That setup looks like something I'd like to install.... Can you e-mail or PM me with some info? Thanks! :)

I had the PTE turbo saver on my car about 5 years ago.it didnt save the new 62 that received a bunch of trash in it and took out the bearing and they tried to tell me i had the lines reversed?Which i didn't....The filter there is a good idea John ..but

Wish I had done something like this before I bought my PTE turbo saver. It would have saved me some money that I could have put into my car somewhere else.

And of course make sure those lines leak on your front tires like the $175 turbo Buick vendor version makes them.

Never had a leak problem though.

I've heard other guys complaining about them leaking. To be fair, I had that system on my car but I had no problem with leaks.

Just wish I could fit something like that one my Hot Air, not as much room around our Hot Air turbos(why doesnt someone knock me for buying a hot air?).............Anything that saves me money and looks different under the hood...........is cool to me. Like someone said allows me to put more money somewhere else on my car.................god forbid a board member try and help out the guys that dont have thousands of dollars to throw at their vehicle every year.

If I found room somewhere and as long as it was in line with the feed line.........I could put a filter in, hey? Were would I get a filter assembly like that at, John?

I have supported enough vendors on my salary:p Dont get me wrong our vendors our great, but I like the idea of protecting my turbo and doing it for a low cost.

Does filter size make a difference, do they offer bigger filter housing, since I will probably have to mount mine somewhere on the fender or behind the AC system? Why did you get the Ford unit?

Thanks for the idea I am definatly going to look into doing this once I get sometime to work on my car.

Originally posted by 1QUICK85
I have supported enough vendors on my salary:p Dont get me wrong our vendors our great, but I like the idea of protecting my turbo and doing it for a low cost.

Does filter size make a difference, do they offer bigger filter housing, since I will probably have to mount mine somewhere on the fender or behind the AC system? Why did you get the Ford unit?

I was more familiar with the Ford filters. The one I use is the dimensional size of a PF 52. However, this adapter will receive a Purolator 30001 which is huge. Don't forget though, you only are filtering the oil going into the turbo. A larger filter is not needed.

I was just wondering if one was easier to use then the other because of the fitting holes for were the lines hook up at?

Thanks much Nick

I'm pretty sure both units are the same in that respect. The difference noted has to do with oil filters.

Red Regal T -

Not trying to stur up trouble or anything & certainly not knocking the piece as it looks nice and functional serves its purpose on the cheaper side as noted.

Just wondering if there was ever oil pressure readings checked on the feed side to the turbo after it pumps thru the filter. Curious how much the filter drops the oil pressure feeding to the turbo itself.
I looked into doing this type of setup a while ago but everyone I spoke with said it was not a good idea because of the oil pressure drop.................Let us know, Thanks :)

I was asked this question before. I don't have that information but I have at least 5000 miles on the device and many wot situations and I'm confident there is no problem. I'm sure more than enough oil is supplied to the turbo. Seems to me, once oil pressure is established thoughout the engine, it should be constant before and after the filter. I'd be more concerned about the Turbo Saver with the long, large, hoses causing all the engine oil to travel to a location behind the headlites and then back to the motor.

Another one of the guys locally has the same setup for quite some time with no problems.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
I was asked this question before. I don't have that information but I have at least 5000 miles on the device and many wot situations and I'm confident there is no problem. I'm sure more than enough oil is supplied to the turbo. Seems to me, once oil pressure is established thoughout the engine, it should be constant before and after the filter. I'd be more concerned about the Turbo Saver with the long, large, hoses causing all the engine oil to travel to a location behind the headlites and then back to the motor.

Another one of the guys locally has the same setup for quite some time with no problems.

Thanks, kinda figured it would be ok. I had the Turbo Saver from PTE on my car and when I put it on and picked up and instant top end chatter. I did't have that noise before installing the saver system so I removed it went back to my stock setup & it went away. I even over filled the oil, trying to get it not too chatter & it still chattered. So now I am looking for something else, looks like your setup is the trick. If its not too much trouble can you post the fittings sizes etc... Thanks:)