Protect Your Turbo

Red Regal T

Here's a simple way to not only protect your turbo but to prolong it's service life. If you spin a bearing, this will protect the turbo from metal particles which will damage it and cause you to replace it. This device allows only clean, filtered, oil to enter your turbo. Try it, you'll like it.

Attachments

• turbo-lube #2.jpg
    turbo-lube #2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 643
Is that a make it ur own setup or can you order that from a vendor? Is there any downfalls to that setup?

looks like a single TD remote oil filter set up with the oil from the turbo just looped.

am i right? do i win a cookie?

Originally posted by Blwn87
Is that a make it ur own setup or can you order that from a vendor? Is there any downfalls to that setup?

I was going to make them up but it looks like most people would rather do nothing to protect their turbo. Easy enough to make yourself for a few dollars. No downside that I can see. Been on my car for about 5000 miles with many WOT passes.

unless you live in Alaska, just block the bypass, and all oil goes thru the filter

external filter not required

i think most people run their turbo shields,Filter looks like crap there,how about movin it?

You guys know the PTE Turbo Saver does the same thing, plus allows a bigger filter for the engine right?

I think it looks alot better too.

Originally posted by Bandit
You guys know the PTE Turbo Saver does the same thing, plus allows a bigger filter for the engine right?

I think it looks alot better too.

Two filters are better than one! ;) And, this setup doesn't cost $175.

Even Knuckleheads know that looks like crap.....redesign it they will buy it maybe...:eek:

First of all, I don't agree with you about what it looks like. Looks like it belongs there to me. I like it. Besides, Knucklehead, what's your claim to fame on what looks good and what doesn't? Secondly, it is offered as a suggestion for members to protect their turbo without spending $175 for brand X. This setup will cost you around $25, and does the job of filtering all oil going directly into the turbo.

Knuckleheads I know, don't know squat! ;)

Originally posted by knucklehead
i think most people run their turbo shields,Filter looks like crap there,how about movin it?

Incidently, you can run your turbo shield if you must (turbo shields........now there's a nice looking piece). All you have to do is drill holes for the oil lines. ;)

Lookin at your car,looks u dont have a clue on what looks good..Turbo shields do have a function also.....system u have is good idea just a little barbaric lookin...just my .02...calm down

Originally posted by knucklehead
Lookin at your car,looks u dont have a clue on what looks good..

LOL gotta agree with the knucklehead there. Looks like a fire truck collided with an IROC or somethin. Let me guess you got a Donna Summer 8 track in that disco machine too right;)