Precision 6870 Gen2 CEA

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
Anybody got the skinny yet on this nasty huffer?

Looks like Sound Performance has one on hand. I might stop over there and check it out.

Hope it comes available with a Buick 3 bolt......

6870.jpg

You ain't gotta hair on your azz if you don't order one asap!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

ball bearing cartridge and a Buick turbine housing.

As far as aero?? Thats another question.

ball bearing cartridge and a Buick turbine housing.

As far as aero?? Thats another question.

So 90% of the TB crowd is held hostage to older tech since there is no viable T3 to T4 adapter/flange/conversion/solution?

I have a Precision turbo, and will be going to a BW unit from Reed soon, but I am wondering why everyone toots Precision's horn, yet no one mentions any of the tech (pro or con) put for forth from other turbo manufacturers.

This Gen 2 CEA stuff is "new for 2014" so I wouldn't consider it to be old tech. Seems like they're coming out with new stuff to keep up. I wonder who is supporting/providing their aero development? Probably Garret.

I know the guys at BW, worked with many of them over the years (engineers). If they made a Buick housing you would see a lot more BW talk here. BW has the in-house resources to do their own aero engineering for their perf line, that's for sure.

Either way, this new stuff is all around way better no matter where it comes from. A 64mm inducer moving 900HP is pretty cool.

BTW, I was quoted a pretty decent price for the Gen 2 6466. Generously under the listed retail.

A BW EFR ball bearing turbo runs around $1800-2000 over at the boost lab? Seems comparable.....
http://www.theboostlab.com/products/borg-warner-efr-series.html

I know the guys at BW, worked with many of them over the years (engineers). If they made a Buick housing you would see a lot more BW talk here. BW has the in-house resources to do their own aero engineering for their perf line, that's for sure.

Why don't they make a 3 bolt housing? We may be a "small" crowd but we are loyal and spend $$$$.

Either way, this new stuff is all around way better no matter where it comes from.

The real question- Is a Precision turbo the BEST option for a 231ci/250ci/274ci V6?

Anyone?

Back to back dyno testing of a Precision turbo and a Borg Warner equivalent would be very interesting to see, and would prob sway the crowd more than anything.

The real question- Is a Precision turbo the BEST option for a 231ci/250ci/274ci V6?

Anyone?

Back to back dyno testing of a Precision turbo and a Borg Warner equivalent would be very interesting to see, and would prob sway the crowd more than anything.

I think they're both good, I just wish the compressor maps for the new stuff were easier to come by.

It easy just ditch the 3 bolt housing all together and use a 4 bolt with external gate, better performance and boost control. Other than that Precison was willing to make the investment in to Buick turbine housings when no one else was other than Turbonetics and the Precision units worked better. The market is very small these days loyal or not (this thread may not demonstrate loyalty?) for a big company to invest really does not make sense for them. Now for a small company it may we shall see what comes.
Mike