Precision 6870 Gen2 CEA

I'm gonna run my new 6766 for a bit first before I decide whether or not to try this 6870.

The 68/70 is an 1100 hp turbo with a four bolt housing. Don't have power numbers with the 3 bolt setup. That's gonna choke it down some.

The 68/70 is an 1100 hp turbo with a four bolt housing. Don't have power numbers with the 3 bolt setup. That's gonna choke it down some.
Yep for sure, but I imagine it should still run with less backpressure than a 6766. At least at the 800-900hp level.

Bison says he doesn't see any gains with an exhaust wheel bigger than 66 in a three bolt housing.

Is there a bigger turbine wheel available in a 3 bolt? I know there's the old 68 Q but that's pretty much the same as the CEA 66 turbine from what I've gathered. I think this CEA 70 is the biggest turbine ever stuffed into a Buick 3 bolt.

That is a possibility. I'd like to see some numbers before I pull the trigger. If I have to go with a 4 bolt then so be it. I've got time to wait because I plan on running the 6466 for now, first with the .63 a/r housing, then with a .85 housing.

Why would some body want to use this turbo in a 3 bolt combination? Unless of course it was for a specific racing class, but other then that, wouldn't you be defeating the purpose of it? I would think that if you have a motor that's capable of making enough MAF, then a 3 bolt wouldn't even be considered.

This turbo might run with a more favorable backpressure level. Seems like folks are saying the turbine housing will get in the way at around 900HP?

image.jpg
image.jpg

Here's a question that's a little off topic so I apologize. I'm buying my turbo from Reed at Work turbochargers. I want the compressor housing polished or chromed and Reed said he doesn't do it. How would I be able to have it done? Also, the exhaust housing ceramic coated. Any suggestions?

Here's a question that's a little off topic so I apologize. I'm buying my turbo from Reed at Work turbochargers. I want the compressor housing polished or chromed and Reed said he doesn't do it. How would I be able to have it done? Also, the exhaust housing ceramic coated. Any suggestions?

You need to disassemble it and send the exhaust housing to a ceramic coater. We use aesthetic finishers in Ohio.
As far as polishing, you need to remove the compressor housing and find a polisher. Should cost about 100 bucks for each.

You need to disassemble it and send the exhaust housing to a ceramic coater. We use aesthetic finishers in Ohio.
As far as polishing, you need to remove the compressor housing and find a polisher. Should cost about 100 bucks for each.
Thank you.