Pottstown, PA Need Help

Low Budget

Is anybody in my area? :rolleyes:

Just put rebuilt engine in and can't get one sputter out of it.:(

I've been through all the stuff in other threads to try. I am obviously not doing something right.:mad:

Anybody want a free meal and a friend for life?? Please straighten me out.;)

(610)327-2154
Jeff

Never Mind

I had a local mechanic who works on quite a few Turbo Buicks over at the house today.

I had the crank sensor installed wrong. Put it on right and vroom!

Anybody in my area can still chime in. I wouldn't mind knowing you.

Jeff

Hey there,

Check out the MAGNA club section at www.turbobuicks.com , lots of good guys who get together for cruises and chat about stuff.

Couple folks are quite close to you as I recal.

best,
Scott

Jeff,
ESP performance is right in Pottstown, I don't know if you checked with them yet. Also call Dave Heinz at Warminster auto.
Ray

Sorry for the delay in answering.

I don't know why, but my e-mail wasn't alerted to responses for this thread.

Grand Nash, I'll have to do that sometime. I appreciate the reply. Do you sell Buick parts and work on them or what?

GN SBS, I will check you guys out. Frank Garbacz did the rebuild for me. I believe he's a Magna Club Maryland Rep. He would have come up to help me, but with a full time job and family, it's tough for him to make the trip.

6 beats 8, I used Eastern Performance many times when they were operating under "that" name in Royersford, PA. They are now , like you said, ESP Performance. They are only maybe 2 miles North of Pottstown, around 4 miles max from my house. I don't know what's up with them now. I called one day and talked to the apparently "former" owner, (John Perry) and he acted like he never even owned it. Said he was always just an employee, but now for a new owner. I guess he only takes ownership credits in magazine articles, or he didn't remember me. Too much bull for my taste. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Ray,

Sorry I missed the Warminster Auto part in my replies. What can you tell me about Dave Heinz? How is he at diagnosing problems others can't? I have been chasing a mystery idle problem for at least a thousand dollars worth of parts and labor since long before the rebuild. It has followed the engine right back into the damn car.

Thanks, Jeff

Warminster Auto

Jeff,
Hello, Dave is by Far one of the Top Turbo Buick mechanics in our area. He has been working on Turbo Buicks since they were made. His shop is in Warminster, Bucks Co. That is probably an hour or so from you. If you have a problem, he will fix it....Guaranteed!
Ray

Jeff, Hopefully we can straighten your idle problem out monday when you bring the car down for the fine tune. Glad you got your other problems straight!!:cool: Frank

"Grand Nash, I'll have to do that sometime. I appreciate the reply. Do you sell Buick parts and work on them or what?"

We do both....................................Ed

I live in Aston. Our shop is in (Delaware County) Secane, PA about 15 min's from Aston.

... I used Eastern Performance many times when they were operating under "that" name in Royersford, PA. They are now , like you said, ESP Performance. ... ... I called one day and talked to the apparently "former" owner, (John Perry) and he acted like he never even owned it. Said he was always just an employee, but now for a new owner. I guess he only takes ownership credits in magazine articles, or he didn't remember me. Too much bull for my taste. ...

Hello Jeff, and all, to clarify; Eastern Performance, Inc. and ESP Products are not the same. Those that owned Eastern Performance, Inc. do NOT own ESP Products. We are similar in work description, but are not the same company. I am sorry that I may not have been clear when I spoke to you Jeff or remembered you, but that does not change the above. I, past and present, do not take ownership of ESP Products; I was President of Eastern Performance. For what it's worth. I have worked at both and that is the end of the connection.

Just wanted to clear that up, I know it was asked before.
John @ ESP Products

Well we found Jeff's problem or problems yesterday. His MAF sensor is shot and he has a bad EGR solonoid. If anyone has a good MAF cheap help a guy out!!;) Man that 214-224 cam pulls up top Frank:D

John Perri

Hi John,

If you are John Perri, then I'll have to assume that past literature I've read touting you as the "owner" of Eastern Performance Inc., was in error. For example: GM High-Tech Performance March 1999 issue, "The Spin Doctors." In the section labeled "A Little Background", John Perri was identified as owning Eastern Performance Inc. I apologize if I misrepresented your involvement in either company. I never was given any other information that would have discredited that or any other article I may have read on this subject. As for remembering me, I wouldn't expect any merchant to remember all their customers.

Jeff

MAF + Solenoid

Hey Frank,

I should have one tomorrow afternoon from Napa. Probably a Cardone rebuild. I'll put it on and see how it runs. They said they would exchange it no questions asked if it isn't right. The solenoid will be in then too. That should be fine from anywhere.

Yep, anyone needing some engine work done, check out Frank! He will hook you up and not rip you off in the process. He's a real good guy!

I'll post some times later this summer so anyone interested can see some results.

Thanks again Frank. I'll be in touch.
Jeff

The mis-understanding of information is OK; we are not holding any grudges. I am aware of many mistakes or mis representations in GM High-tech over the years. I have informed them of a few regarding articles we were involved in and they never corrected them. Some were on personnel and some on procedure.
As for remembering you, I do remember you, but cut me a break, you haven't been in touch with us since Oct. 2000. I have many customers that I greet by name when they call, but they are regulars. For only dealing with you two or three times over 3-4 years is decent for memory. Hell, ask my wife, if I remember what our plans are for this weekend she's thrilled.

Be well,
John @ ESP Products

As for remembering you, I do remember you, but cut me a break, you haven't been in touch with us since Oct. 2000.

I wasn't complaining about your memory! I said I DIDN'T expect you to remember "all" your customers. I surely didn't expect you to remember me. I know it's been a while. If you remember me you're doing great! My memory is crap.

No hard feelings here either. Just a misunderstanding. I'll stop by sometime and get reaquainted.

I am glad to see your web site is getting more useful. I shop for most of what I buy online, and until recently, there wasn't much to look at on your site. Keep up the good progress, it will increase sales I'm sure.

Jeff