Please stop parting out cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swapping vins is VERY illeagal. Now on the otherhand, swapping firewalls or cutting the metal around the vin is not because the actual vin has not been tampered with. Check you local laws because it does vary state to state.

Oops.....

If cars aren't parted out how do you expect to get parts for you car? I been in the restoration business and It takes 2 cars to make 1 usually.Like my first GN I brought,I never seen so much rust like it in my life.There wasn't a spot on the car that didn't have rot..I took a turn at 45-50 and I ripped the floor pan out the car.Wasnt fun.There dangerous these ''Project cars''.Half these people who buy them are kids and never turned a screw driver in there life.I Parted the car and made double my money.I then brought a rust free roller from florida.Its the way it is.Everybody so quick to hop on people parting out cars but let see what happens when they stop.So next time you need a Tail light,screw,weird panel or such where you going to go? GM Dealer?Good luck

what I don't get is you have a corvette with 1200 miles on it but you drive your dads vette with 4000 miles on it. Fairly new to mechanics but you have all these built cars:confused: With that much talent it shouldn't be nothing for you to fix your dads car:rolleyes:

re:

what I don't get is you have a corvette with 1200 miles on it but you drive your dads vette with 4000 miles on it. Fairly new to mechanics but you have all these built cars:confused: With that much talent it shouldn't be nothing for you to fix your dads car:rolleyes:

Alright First off,what does this have to do with you.If i wanted your opinion Id go to the zoo.I drove the vet with 4000 miles and your point?I HAVE IT LIKE THAT WHERE I CAN DRIVE A 4000 MILE VET,I have 18 more come by anytime to take a look.Fairly new to mechanics is 4 years,been building motors since i was 14.But hey Im sorry I don't like to brag and sound COCKY like you..I try to help people out but always get slammed,All these forms and crap.Well My father owned a shop for 25 years, he started me young.I have every tool I need and more.Call me Spoiled like I care.I worked everyday for the past 8 years on cars.I really have nothing to prove to you,not worth my time trying to explain myself.

What ever hapened to the reason we are all here?.......the dream we've all had about having this amazing car we built or purchased, the comradery of our fellow TB buddies, the good feeling of accomplishment when your cruising your car, etc!!!!! QUOTE]

i understand your point (to a point) but we're still here. we're the ones buying the parts. enjoying the comradery, enjoying scaring the hell out of the wife when it goes sideways at 70. its an enterprise to some and a passion to others. but dont you worry there are plenty of guys who still bleed midnight black. and i dont give a damn about getting my money back from my car cuz she aint for sale. not now not ever

HAHA! Well I tell you what, I thought the same thing for the past 5 years. How can I marry this girl? I'm not marriage material, am I? Hmmm, am I ready for this? God, what if I get a divorce?

But we have an amazing 2 year old boy, we have a great family. And, I need to do the right thing and not just think about me, I need to think about her and our son too.

Hopefully I dont come on here in two years and say "DAMN, I shoould have listened to you guys!!!!":biggrin:

if its your first marriage DO IT!! (cuz the second times a charm):biggrin:

Alright First off,what does this have to do with you.If i wanted your opinion Id go to the zoo.I drove the vet with 4000 miles and your point?I HAVE IT LIKE THAT WHERE I CAN DRIVE A 4000 MILE VET,I have 18 more come by anytime to take a look.Fairly new to mechanics is 4 years,been building motors since i was 14.But hey Im sorry I don't like to brag and sound COCKY like you..I try to help people out but always get slammed,All these forms and crap.Well My father owned a shop for 25 years, he started me young.I have every tool I need and more.Call me Spoiled like I care.I worked everyday for the past 8 years on cars.I really have nothing to prove to you,not worth my time trying to explain myself.

Hey man that's cool. Just sayin, you have more talent than I do obviously for only working on cars for four years. Post some pics of your collection, and the irocs, I like them.

And if I sound cocky, I wish someone would have told me a long time ago so I don't offend so many people.

If cars aren't parted out how do you expect to get parts for you car?

Understand where you're coming from...just there seems to be too many TR's being parted for what seem to be all the wrong reasons. One day there will be very few TR's left b/c most of them will have been parted by then.

So next time you need a Tail light,screw,weird panel or such where you going to go?

Find me a non turbo Regal for parts. :smile: