Please stop parting out cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most valuable 3 parts of the entire Turbo Regal that actually makes it a genuine TR...you throw away.:confused:

Here is my yellow Malibu's firewall BEFORE I replaced it. Yep, I swapped the VIN over to the new firewall. I don't think that was illegal since it is considered a "replacement" part. I just transferred everything over to make it back original again.

P1030004[1].jpg

P1030013[1].jpg

Here is my Grand National's roof BEFORE I replaced it...

GNROOF.JPG

GNROOF1.JPG

WOW!!! you have crazy skills! i thought southern cars were rotfree?

the roof picture looks typical of what i normally see.combine that with rot everywhere else that is where i draw the line to parts car! if a roof only had rot ok but add it up with rot everywhere else and forget it!

labor rate around here at my buddys dealership is $89 per hour and i have heard tell that someplaces get $125 per hour easily .how many hours to fix your roof figure? you need to remove complete interior.remove windows,trim etc... remove original roof . clean up / remove extra metal from new roof? weld on , paint , install everything you removed? 30-40 hours?

It was VERY time consuming....it was the second time I had replaced a roof. The first time was on a Monte SS that was rolled. The firewall replacement was my first time...also very time consuming. Everything is spot welded in place. All that has to be done is drill out the spot welds and the panels just pop right out...sorta.;)

So now that you know I can probably save those TRs, you gonna sell me a shell with a title for dirt cheap instead of giving them away?:D Hey, at least you will be making $100 bucks off of them instead of nothing at all...lol!:p

It was VERY time consuming....it was the second time I had replaced a roof. The first time was on a Monte SS that was rolled. The firewall replacement was my first time...also very time consuming. Everything is spot welded in place. All that has to be done is drill out the spot welds and the panels just pop right out...sorta.;)

So now that you know I can probably save those TRs, you gonna sell me a shell with a title for dirt cheap instead of giving them away?:D Hey, at least you will be making $100 bucks off of them instead of nothing at all...lol!:p

well the 85 white t type was from rhode island and they do not issue titles on cars that old. if i knew you were saving these old cars a few months ago i could of given a few of them for you to save;)

with all your skills you could of welded in new floors,new quarter panels new inner and outer wheel wells new inner and outer rockers and the roof had a dealer installed sunroof that caused all the floors to rot out so you should put a new roof on it. once you have all this done you could of saved it. i wish i had only given you the chance.

well i see more cars in the future so maybe we can work toghther to get them all saved!

you have any interest in saving 86-87 442's because i have killed a few of those as well?

so if i don't get them they get scrapped or the dirt track racers trash them.

so be glad that i get them and the parts end up back in circulation because those guys throw stuff away! they do not understand the value of a 109 block THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!

NO kidding.:mad: I've got an NA 83, A T Type 83, and the 82 GN sitting right now as well as the 68 LeSabre. I had a few guys try to offer me $100 for them and I literally fell over laughing. The last one was this week and I priced the GN at 20K. His eyes bugged out and started spitting.:biggrin: Best laugh I've had in a while.:smile::cool:

swapping vins is VERY illeagal. Now on the otherhand, swapping firewalls or cutting the metal around the vin is not because the actual vin has not been tampered with. Check you local laws because it does vary state to state.

well the 85 white t type was from rhode island and they do not issue titles on cars that old. if i knew you were saving these old cars a few months ago i could of given a few of them for you to save;)

with all your skills you could of welded in new floors,new quarter panels new inner and outer wheel wells new inner and outer rockers and the roof had a dealer installed sunroof that caused all the floors to rot out so you should put a new roof on it. once you have all this done you could of saved it. i wish i had only given you the chance.

well i see more cars in the future so maybe we can work toghther to get them all saved!

you have any interest in saving 86-87 442's because i have killed a few of those as well?

Haha...I wouldn't worry about replacing all those rusted parts; it's MUCH easier to weld just a "patch w/VIN still attached" into a good Regal body.:D:D About the only way I'd be interested is if I got the frame (w/o ANYTHING on it), the body (again NOTHING bolted in it...except the VIN:D) and a clear title to the car. Doing it like this means I'd get it a SUPER discounted price...:p:p:p

swapping vins is VERY illeagal. Now on the otherhand, swapping firewalls or cutting the metal around the vin is not because the actual vin has not been tampered with. Check you local laws because it does vary state to state.

That's my point exactly. All you have to do is swap a section of the firewall with the VIN on it to another good bodied Regal and there you have a TR again...all fixed and still on the road.

You could take a excellent $2000 N/A Regal and make it into a $20,000 GN by swapping everything specific from a rusty out POS GN in one. It happens everyday in this world and no one would ever know if it's done "right". I have never actually done that before but now that I've gotten sorta confident into body repair and painting I think I could do it.:D

I have a very nice rust free Regal if you guys need a shell to work off of. Unfortunately I have to get rid of it since I'm unemployed and going to be planning a wedding this year.

I have a very nice rust free Regal if you guys need a shell to work off of. Unfortunately I have to get rid of it since I'm unemployed and going to be planning a wedding this year.

HA HA HA! Let the beatdown begin:biggrin:

KEEP the car

Run off and elope, its cheaper so you can keep your car :biggrin:

i don't know what's worse? getting married ? or having to get rid of your regal?

HAHA! Well I tell you what, I thought the same thing for the past 5 years. How can I marry this girl? I'm not marriage material, am I? Hmmm, am I ready for this? God, what if I get a divorce?

But we have an amazing 2 year old boy, we have a great family. And, I need to do the right thing and not just think about me, I need to think about her and our son too.

Hopefully I dont come on here in two years and say "DAMN, I shoould have listened to you guys!!!!":biggrin:

Run off and elope, its cheaper so you can keep your car :biggrin:

I tried and tried but she wouldnt budge. She has to have a fancy wedding. I guess if she has put up with me and my cars and spending money on these pits, making the girls dream come true is the leasat I could do for her.

I'm not going to lie, it's going to be really neat seeing Noah in a tux walking down the isle!

HAHA! Well I tell you what, I thought the same thing for the past 5 years. How can I marry this girl? I'm not marriage material, am I? Hmmm, am I ready for this? God, what if I get a divorce?

But we have an amazing 2 year old boy, we have a great family. And, I need to do the right thing and not just think about me, I need to think about her and our son too.

Hopefully I dont come on here in two years and say "DAMN, I shoould have listened to you guys!!!!":biggrin:

i wish you the best of luck:)

I tried and tried but she wouldnt budge. She has to have a fancy wedding. I guess if she has put up with me and my cars and spending money on these pits, making the girls dream come true is the leasat I could do for her.

I'm not going to lie, it's going to be really neat seeing Noah in a tux walking down the isle!

Sadly most women look at the wedding and not the marriage, which is the most important thing. I wish you luck but since I've never married myself I'm very reluctant to do so at my age. I'm not that old but I'm picky after all.:biggrin:

I married my wife for the cheaper car insurance rates. When you own 4 cars, it makes a huge dent. Have a little girl so far, but my strategy is to conceive my kids so that their birthdays are on or closely before Dec. 31st. This way I can claim them on my taxes right away.:biggrin: