Please stop parting out cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First and last were definately parts cars! I like the multi-colored steering wheel! I dont think I've seen one of those before. Must have been a very rare option!:biggrin:

I'd say I would have saved the middle one though. It actually looks just like AustinIBEW145's car when we started with it. t should be running 10's thins year!

First and last were definately parts cars! I like the multi-colored steering wheel! I dont think I've seen one of those before. Must have been a very rare option!:biggrin:

I'd say I would have saved the middle one though. It actually looks just like AustinIBEW145's car when we started with it. t should be running 10's thins year!

middle car 1984 gn. there was a poorly patched up 2foot by 2 foot poorly patched hole in the floor. probably other holes as well because i did not save any floor pans out of it. doors were both wasted! rockers both sides rotted. quarter panels both rotted. wrong header panel and bumper fillers were cracked. front bumper dented. right side wheel well cracked. dash pad was ripped apart that is why is wavy and the glovebox is not able to be closed at all. horn cap fell in 2 pieces once it was taken off. exhaust was rotted. tires dry rotted plus wrong rims and missing wheel caps. missing emblems. ripped seats. door panels were shot. they used the seat belts to hold up exhaust and hold steering wheel straight so those are a mess. t top roof was rotted and i believe the metal panels on the roof were rotted as well. wrong trunklid missing spid sticker. panel that goes in between back window had a 8"x10" poorly patched piece of metal in it. missing turbo and other engine parts?

car was a disaster!!!! cost to fix far exceeds the current value of the car!

remember everything looks good in pictures i am sure you heard the ebay disaster stories.

also a car in this condition is not a easy sell either unless it is on this board.

here is another car i bought 2 years ago. real horror story here guy bought the car and when he went to pick it up the previous owner was pulling the 8.5 rear out of it and he still bought it. it was a running toghther car at that point. the reason he bought it is the same as i did the roof. well he had a job at a place that had a big building where he was able to store it inside which he did.well i guess he quit working there but remained"friends" with old boss and was able to keep the car there . he went back a few years later and the correct wheels were "stollen" wink wink and the guy fork lifted it out side and blocked it in with bulldozers and other large equiptment and told the owner if he wanted his car back he had to fix the equiptment to get his car back. a few more years goes by he goes back and the nose is stripped off the car and left supposedly "stolen" wink wink. car is still blocked in. well the owners neighbor tells him he was offered a gn forsale but it has no title etc.... turns ot the guy storing it is now trying to sell a car he does not own well the owner told the neighbor to tell the guy you will take it so dig it out which he did. owner got his car back but not in the condition that it was dropped off in obviously. he tried selling it locally at a huge swapmeet 3 years ago when times were good for $2000? 2500? thousands of people saw it nobody wanted it!!!! i went and looked at it and he came down to like $1500 but still not good enough. he had it on craigslist still no takers!!! i eventually bought it and have been storing iside the last 1 1/2 years because it is solid enough to do something with like convert to 86-87 or ls engine.

the only reason this car is worth fixing to me is because i have the parts!

car needs a 8.5 rear. tranny is shot! motor was seized. fenders dented, ps door rotted. ds door jimmied around lock. r taillight trim broken, bumper fillers gone! left side spoiler and endcap missing. trunklid has rot.

all the obvious missing parts hood,rad support,radiator,condensor,front fillers,gn header panel,grille,headlight bezels,wheels, bumper,front alum bumper support,lights front spoiler,

plus ripped seats

who knows what else???

car has a fairly solid tub that is the reason why the car still exists!

nobody around here wanted it and i saved it!!!!

car has a pretty nice interior except for front seats.

partscars042.jpg

partscars043.jpg

partscars044.jpg

partscars046.jpg

partscars045.jpg

partscars047.jpg

partscars048.jpg

partscars049.jpg

When you get another 86-87 GN with a good title and a VIN number that matches...I'll buy the VIN and the title from you. The VIN plate shouldn't be worth much since it's just a tiny piece of metal with stamped letters and numbers on it. Does $100.00 sound like too much for those two items?

As far as those GN's... my point is, all it would take is another "good" Regal body to transfer all the "goods" over and then you'd have a saved TR. Yes, it would be called a GENUINE Turbo Regal because it would have the correct VIN on it. Can you imagine all the old muscle cars out there that's been swapped out like that? I've seen just a firewall with the VIN number still intact for sale along with the title for it for $3500. It was a 350 horse 327 1967 Nova... if my memory serves me. It's not the car's body that's worth anything...it's the VIN and the title. So, yes, those cars could have been saved.:smile:

As horrible as those cars look, how does a person profit from parting them out if hardly anything is good?

Well hopefully that last GN does get saved. Thats a perfect start for someone at $1500.

As horrible as those cars look, how does a person profit from parting them out if hardly anything is good?

knowing where the $$$ are!

that 85 gn has close to $3300 in interior in it:) adds up fast

lower concert sound door panels$150
uppers very nice $250
chrome stips $250
covers& door pulls another$100
cs speakers $40
gn dash plaque $150
dash pad $175
gauge pod surround $40
gauges $100
dash bezel $75
radio bezel $25
eq radio $125
power seat track assembly $175
bucket seats cores $250
complete console assembly w/everything $275
rear seat $200
seat belt set $150
dash wiring harness $100
miscleanous plastic interior parts $200
steering column $150
decent steering wheel $150
horn cap $100
ecm $50

in addition
$150 trunk spoiler pieces
$75 trunk lid trim
$250 front wheel wells
rear bumper $150
rear alum support $100
gas tank & sending unit $200
all the astroroof stuff $500
front & rear window trim $125
side rear windows $100
sway bars $100 pair
steering box $75
frame stripped of everything $300

etc............ another $2150

plus there is more!

crank in the engine $300
other miscleanous engine parts probably another $500
tranny as core $350
driveshaft for the 8.5 $100

so far that looks like $6800

obviously all this stuff does not sell overnight but you can see how it adds up!

I have to agree with both of them. That last one could've been saved and made a decent daily.

still toghther for now! i have been saving it since it is NOT a piece of $hit.

space is tight around here not many places to stash cars . the average cost of storing a car around here inside is about $150-$175 per month.

not to many fields. and they do fly around looking for blight/old cars and there are fines etc...

so if i don't get them they get scrapped or the dirt track racers trash them.

so be glad that i get them and the parts end up back in circulation because those guys throw stuff away! they do not understand the value of a 109 block THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!

got a new 87 plain regal coming in this week will post pics for you!

dash cracked,seat ripped, wrong header panel& grill 83 style,seized 109 engine, holes in quarter panels, doors. rockers,floors.
it is your typical junk northeast car!

How much for the hood prop?

I am just glad he didn't title the thread "B#$%ches..stop swapping in LS motors"

So, are you gonna sell me the VIN plate and a clear title for $100 bucks? :D

that would be illegal and i know of somebody getting $900 for a 87 one.

i only ever parted out the 1 87 gn and it was a salvage as you can tell from the pics. parted out 3 86gns
1 was totaled as bad as the 87 and it had 21,000 miles and was 3/4 stripped before i got what was left.
1 was left to rot in the woods of mass. and it escapes me whatever happened to that stuff since i don't really save those.
the 3rd 86gn was the 1 i was talking about before and having another salvage title was fixed but never got the paperwork cleaned up because it was driven on a dealer plate for about 20 years.

so i guess i can't help for several reasons the main 1 it being illegal and i think a felony

Ok, I'm very patient. You strip out everything you can possibly sell off of the 87 car and sell me the cab (shell) (with VIN still attached) with the rotten old frame and the title for $100 bucks? Would that be illegal?

EDIT: Forgot to add... you say someone is getting $900 for one? I figured you just tossed the title and the shell out like a old chicken bone so I figured $100 would at least get it instead of you getting nothing for it.

Ok, I'm very patient. You strip out everything you can possibly sell off of the 87 car and sell me the cab (shell) (with VIN still attached) with the rotten old frame and the title for $100 bucks? Would that be illegal?

EDIT: Forgot to add... you say someone is getting $900 for one? I figured you just tossed the title and the shell out like a old chicken bone so I figured $100 would at least get it instead of you getting nothing for it.

part 1 would technically be ok since i would not be removing anything and what you did with it would be on you !

but believe it or not rotted frames are worth $$$ to the dirt track racers up here and they buy the unsellable front control arms as well.

they cut off the back section anyway and box it in and do what ever else they do!

part2 edit somebody told me they GOT $900 for 1 and blew my mind .

up here in order to scrap a shell meaning unbolt the body from the frame and just have the cab with nothing else at all they will not take it without title!

if you cut the firewall off they will take it.

if you just bring a firewall and nothing else at all including NO VIN# they still will NOT take it. i once cut a firewall off the car and cut it into 4 equal pieces and they would still not take it. they wanted a title!

real pain in the nuts getting rid of a car up here without paperwork or without knowing somebody!

if you know somebody then you do not get paid for the scrap metal either!

EITHER WAY I DON'T KEEP TITLES AND PAPERWORK THE GO TO THE RECYCLER WITH THE SCRAP METAL!

Yeah.. not sure what state/country you live in, but swapping vin's is absolutely illegal. Seems like Unique Performance just got busted for doing this (among other things) with old mustangs and new bodies. The vin is supposed to stay on the original body.

I have nothing against parting out cars - not that I've done this, I'm actually restoring one that others wouldn't buy (even though it's a rusty free car) Just my 0.02. They are just cars - they don't love you back.

It's not illegal if you rebuild the body that the VIN is located on. People replace roofs all the time, floor pans and even firewalls that are rusted out. Rusted out trunk floors and quarter panels too. When does it become illegal if I have a car with a good title that needs all that stuff replaced? Serious question.:smile:

The most valuable 3 parts of the entire Turbo Regal that actually makes it a genuine TR...you throw away.:confused:

Here is my yellow Malibu's firewall BEFORE I replaced it. Yep, I swapped the VIN over to the new firewall. I don't think that was illegal since it is considered a "replacement" part. I just transferred everything over to make it back original again.

P1030004[1].jpg

P1030013[1].jpg

Here is my Grand National's roof BEFORE I replaced it...

GNROOF.JPG

GNROOF1.JPG

As I said before, I think all of those TR's could have been saved if people would realize that everything on a car can be replaced using a donor car. All you got to do is keep the VIN plate and any other VIN stampings together along with the title. :D :p:p:p