Picture request: Exhaust hangers

Boostian

Ok, after some thinking and some assistance from my other thread, and mainly time constraints, I'm having my current exhaust fixed by professionals. They will be aligning everything, welding and installing new hangers, and adjusting the over-axel placement.'

I'm looking for any people have of the stock AND aftermarket hangers and locations. Right now I have the stock hanger coming onto my exhaust off the trans cross member, one right behind the muffler (that's not even hooked up), and a very horrible welded one near the exhaust tip.

Im looking for how it should be set up properly. The guy at the shop said he has only see one other Buick with the ATR single exhaust. The main problem i'm having is the entire center section of the ATR system twisting up towards the floor pan and making contact with it. This is happening because my test pipe is twisting where it meets up with my downpipe.

So.........if you have decent quality pictures of your hangers I can give to the shop id appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

(Oh, and if the pics are of an ATR single shot system, ill send you an e-hug, cause that would be even better)

I'll see if I can remember to take some . We are in the middle of a fuel tank swap. I have stock exhaust.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Here is the tailpipe from my ATR Pitbull.

Attachments

• 1379298028470.jpg
    1379298028470.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 198
Here's some pics of how my ATR dual exhaust system is hung. The shop that did the installation welded tainless steel support rods to my SS ATR pit bull mufflers, these were bent to an L shape....then bolted this into a rubber housing attached to the undercarriage. Works great, been on for years without issue.

Have the front of my exhaust system mounted & held in place using GBodys' stainless steel catalytic convertor support bracket that bolts to the transmission support. :)

Attachments

• ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 011.jpg
    ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 011.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 184
  • ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 013.jpg
    ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 013.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 150
  • ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 012.jpg
    ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 012.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 160
  • ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 014.jpg
    ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 014.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 161
  • ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 015.jpg
    ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 015.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 188
  • SS Catalytic Convertor Hanger.jpg
    SS Catalytic Convertor Hanger.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 160
I think my exhaust guy did a great job on.my dual.set up..I will get under car and snap.a few if its not raining

The shop that did the installation welded stainless steel support rods to my SS ATR pit bull mufflers, these were bent to an L shape....then bolted this into a rubber housing attached to the undercarriage. Works great, been on for years without issue.

Those are "southern swingers" a pretty standard hanger in the exhaust industry. Looks great. Whose pipes? ATR?

I need to do exhaust on mine one of these days. Mine is still factory.

Rich

The shop that did the installation welded stainless steel support rods to my SS ATR pit bull mufflers, these were bent to an L shape....then bolted this into a rubber housing attached to the undercarriage. Works great, been on for years without issue.

Those are "southern swingers" a pretty standard hanger in the exhaust industry. Looks great. Whose pipes? ATR?

I need to do exhaust on mine one of these days. Mine is still factory.

Rich