Pics of TRZ rack from underneath please!

It was dropped about 2.5 inches. I think you are correct that I don't have any room to move it as high as the rest of you guys as well as the fact that I would have to move it forward possibly creating a situation of bumpsteer. If I set my engine back 4 inches I think that would solve everything!

The videos are v. cool. That MPH is hauling ass! I also noticed your car stays relatively low to the ground at the top end (I say relative) did you do any aerodynamic mods? My car looks like a 4x4 at the big end.

Chris. How much was your crossmember dropped to make room for the oil pan??

The issue I see is being able to set the height of the rack so that your rack arms will be at the correct angle to eliminate bumpsteer.

I doubt you'd be able to mount is as closely to the crossmember as the rest of us. You'd probably have to move it forward toward the radiator so you could move it higher.

Here's a vid of my 5.12 qualifying pass. It's about 4 seconds into the vid. Wish the vid would have caught the whole launch.

It was the 1 and only qual pass we got due to rain. It went 1.37 to the 60' and 144 on 22# of boost. It later went 5.05 on 24# and 1.34 to the 60'. The 94mm will only make 24#

YouTube - Huntsville ORSCA

It was dropped about 2.5 inches. I think you are correct that I don't have any room to move it as high as the rest of you guys as well as the fact that I would have to move it forward possibly creating a situation of bumpsteer. If I set my engine back 4 inches I think that would solve everything!

The videos are v. cool. That MPH is hauling ass! I also noticed your car stays relatively low to the ground at the top end (I say relative) did you do any aerodynamic mods? My car looks like a 4x4 at the big end.

I think the height of the rack is more important than the distance in front of the spindle. I see a lot of chassis cars with the rack well in front of the spindle. If the height is off you get into bumpsteer issues. My rack arms run right in line with the lower control arm. If I raised it several inches it looks like it would cause issues.

No aero mods. I used to run lexan behind the grille but after busting a few 87 grilles I stopped doing it. If I were to run 1/4 again I would build some metal framework to support the grille. It just can't handle the air pressure from the grille being blocked. I did notice the car was more stable with the grille blocked off. I can feel the front end get a light feeling to it around 900 feet without the lexan. Goals are to lower the ride height later this summer.

Kenny Duttweiler mentioned he picked up a few MPH when blocking off the grill and I was going to try it but looks like I would have to hard mount it instead of relying on the stock springs to keep it in place.

I'm hoping to also lower my car after making some passes this fall. Plus I need to do something about my cage cert. I'm only good for 8.50 now :(

I think the height of the rack is more important than the distance in front of the spindle. I see a lot of chassis cars with the rack well in front of the spindle. If the height is off you get into bumpsteer issues. My rack arms run right in line with the lower control arm. If I raised it several inches it looks like it would cause issues.

No aero mods. I used to run lexan behind the grille but after busting a few 87 grilles I stopped doing it. If I were to run 1/4 again I would build some metal framework to support the grille. It just can't handle the air pressure from the grille being blocked. I did notice the car was more stable with the grille blocked off. I can feel the front end get a light feeling to it around 900 feet without the lexan. Goals are to lower the ride height later this summer.

Nice pics.

Louie, where did you get that alternator pulley? I assume the billet piece on the crank snout.

My alternator pulley is too small to drive my alternator. I need to rev my motor to 1800 rpms before it starts to charge.

Chris, I can make one for you if you can't locate one. We can discuss it next time we get together.