parachute

I think it was Doug Hecker who told me that you could just about stuff a Stroud in the bag, keep the lines fairly straight and it would still deploy..........Not sure I'll ever try that, but it makes me less concerned about packing the chute the same very time.

Any pics of where you guys are mounting the Chute anchor point where it pulls on the car? Thanks

I have the Stroud chute with air launcher and it works great and glad I went this route. When I ordered mine I talked to Bob Stroud and he said just don't buy a chute to pack it and never use it, always use it at least once an event or once every few events. He said they work better with use and when not is use in the winter months that it's best to unpack them and throw it over the car and you'll have good use of it for years.

If you look at the picture of my chute mount above, the chute mount pulls on the tube that goes into the trunk.

I'm of the thinking that you should have the parachute anchor mounting as close to the same height off the ground as the rear axles to maintain the best stability of the car when it deploys. I have my anchor point peaking out the middle of the rear bumper. The tubing that supports the anchor point is hung between the stock rear frame rails about one to two feet forward of the rear most of the trunk.

The chute mount must be below the center of gravity of the car and centered. You do not want the chute lifting the rear tires up any at all. It'll unsettle the car when it hits.

The mount itself needs to be strong enough that you could hang the car off of it and then some.

I'm going with a Stroud and spring assist. If I had other CO2 on the car, I'd use that but for me, simpler is better even if it is more difficult to pack. Plus, the spring never runs out of bottle pressure.

The chute mount must be below the center of gravity of the car and centered. You do not want the chute lifting the rear tires up any at all. It'll unsettle the car when it hits.

The mount itself needs to be strong enough that you could hang the car off of it and then some.

I'm going with a Stroud and spring assist. If I had other CO2 on the car, I'd use that but for me, simpler is better even if it is more difficult to pack. Plus, the spring never runs out of bottle pressure.

Anybody mount it to the rear axlel housing. That's where mine is now, but I've never used the chute yet. My fabricator put it there. I questioned the location as I thought this might put lift to the wheels upon deployment but he says that's the proper place to mount it:confused:

Georgr

You want the chute to be anchored to the centerline of the crankshaft. Use a Stroud Spring Launcher for best results... Check out this chute shot :D

Dual Stroud Spring Launchers...

Dan%20Saitz.jpg