Opinions on the 80mm S400 Borg Warner

That 62 & 66 wheel look very interesting to me. From what I have seen, these wheel will flow hugh amounts of air even on low boost. If you have enough head + intake flow I have seen them max out with flow of 15lb but making big power. I am wandering if the ETT wheels will have problems with compressor surge on a smaller low RPM engine. I know the imports have some of the big wheels in use but they can rev big RPM.

If no problems come up with surge, I think a hybrid with these wheels would kick.

Jess

Jess we have 2 already complete FI-62GN's done and so far no problems with surge. Of course these engines do have some work done to them, so that helps with surge problems. I am working on a FI-70GN version this week to hopefully get one to another customer that is dying to try one on a pretty much stock engine. Also we do have them with the 3 bolt GN housings....

Jess we have 2 already complete FI-62GN's done and so far no problems with surge. Of course these engines do have some work done to them, so that helps with surge problems. I am working on a FI-70GN version this week to hopefully get one to another customer that is dying to try one on a pretty much stock engine. Also we do have them with the 3 bolt GN housings....

What turbine housing are you using and how do you have it set up
to run the stock wastegate actuator?
Pictures please!!!

What turbine housing are you using and how do you have it set up
to run the stock wastegate actuator?
Pictures please!!!

We have the .63 and .85A/R housings. Alot of machine work goes into making these units, but they have turned out very nicely. I will try to get some pics soon..... :wink:

Here is a little picture you can look at. Standard 62mm on the left versus the ETT 62 on the right.....

Picture%2520004.jpg

We have the .63 and .85A/R housings. Alot of machine work goes into making these units, but they have turned out very nicely. I will try to get some pics soon..... :wink:

Here is a little picture you can look at. Standard 62mm on the left versus the ETT 62 on the right.....

Picture%2520004.jpg

The two units that you have in the field, what kind of rpm/converter do they need to work???

The two units that you have in the field, what kind of rpm/converter do they need to work???

So far the same convertors are in the cars and they work perfect. One of the customers claims his car reachs 10psi at the line quicker, which could be a product of the compressor wheel needs less shaft speed to produce the same amount of boost as their counterparts. Going to be an interesting year for street GN's. :biggrin:

As for convertors, we have some folks asking, and more then likely I will be giving a ring to Dusty to see if he wants to handle the convertors. We have to much on our plate already, plus he seems to have a good relationship already with PTC. Also I suspect as these guys turn the boost up the convertors may need some tweaks on the top side as these turbos will pull like freight trains up top.

Jose,

Can you do the integrated stock wastegate assembly for people
using a Terry Houston "Type" Down Pipe?
If this is really a drop in installation then we may have something!

So far the same convertors are in the cars and they work perfect. One of the customers claims his car reachs 10psi at the line quicker, which could be a product of the compressor wheel needs less shaft speed to produce the same amount of boost as their counterparts. Going to be an interesting year for street GN's. :biggrin:

Interesting.

Is the 62 the smallest you can make with the new wheels?

Sounds like it might be a good setup for "street oriented" twin turbo V8 guys...:cool:

Interesting.

Is the 62 the smallest you can make with the new wheels?

Sounds like it might be a good setup for "street oriented" twin turbo V8 guys...:cool:

We can go smaller indeed. We have a 54,56 and 58mm's also available. The turbine side is offered in T3, T4, On-center, and GN housings.

Four months have now passed.

What's new on the hot
topic of 3-bolt Buick TR
hybrid-BW ETT turbos?

Any body bought or seen
or used one since September?

Any reports from the field? :confused:

Yes, the 2 are now part of the same corporate entity.

Instead of starting from ground zero, Borg-Warner
absorbed the Schwitzer engineers, tooling & tech and
took it to the next level. Good move, great results.

I have nothing but great things to say about schwitzers!!! I have been running one for the last 6 years. First was a 60mm p-trim and now a 70mm p-trim. I have the new raised tip turbine wheel but I am just upgrading to a bb turbo.

Here is some more information with some compressor maps.

Borg Warner/FI FI-58 to FI-70 series unit - LS1TECH

Maybe Jose can chime in on the GN applications.

Correct John we now build them in Ball bearing design as well as almost any flavor of housing you want. We built them where they would be dropins to already popular units on the market. The standard units like S362's, S366's...etc are large and cumbersome and require redoing alot of the piping and moving things. This will take care of that problem and still give you the ETT technology and add the BB to the mix for those that love BB units. We still use PT, T-netics for some applications as well, so our FI units aren't perfect for everybody, but they will fit right in very nicely.