Opinion re: FMIC

Can't go wrong with the CAS V4. I love my V2 best money spent (saw an increase in boost and crap tons of bottom end torque).

Has the front end of your car been lowered much?

I originally wanted to use a larger SLIC, but was concerned about the lack of ground clearance.

Has the front end of your car been lowered much?

I originally wanted to use a larger SLIC, but was concerned about the lack of ground clearance.

My Mease 15 row (1 1/2 stocker) SLIC sits approx. 1" higher than the bottom of the stock I/C scoop as I suspect other 1 1/2 stockers would as well.
I believe Mark Jackson and some others made 17 row I/C's that would be about the same hight as the bottom of the stock I/C scoop.
It seems that 19 thru 23 row I/C's vary in ground clearance because the different builders raise the cores up different amounts to provide more ground clearance,
Research the one you're thinking about to see if you can find ground clearance information.

My Mease 15 row (1 1/2 stocker) SLIC sits approx. 1" higher than the bottom of the stock I/C scoop as I suspect other 1 1/2 stockers would as well.
I believe Mark Jackson and some others made 17 row I/C's that would be about the same hight as the bottom of the stock I/C scoop.
It seems that 19 thru 23 row I/C's vary in ground clearance because the different builders raise the cores up different amounts to provide more ground clearance,
Research the one you're thinking about to see if you can find ground clearance information.
I have a mark Jackson double core its the biggest slic ive seen the necks are pretty tight to the top of the core to raise it up a bit,but it still hangs real low you have to have tight front shocks or it will scrape . a core and a half are plenty enough for 10s

The better of the stock location Intercoolers out there (precision, dequick, RA) all flow more than most of the commercially available front mounts .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the old Bowling Green Customs Extended SLIC? Is it better or equivalent to an old school Kenne Bell Big Boy fmic?

What about the old Bowling Green Customs Extended SLIC? Is it better or equivalent to an old school Kenne Bell Big Boy fmic?

Only thing i can add about the BGC one is that it weighs a ton.

Wow! I had no idea (it's coming off soon so we'll see I guess)! The car has eibach performance springs (lower ride height) and the scoop seems to catch / snag most anything. So I'm just tired of pulling over to pull debris, cans, (you name it) out from under there. Just hope the old school big boy is a reasonable cooler. If not I may be trading both off.