Opinion re: FMIC

V6POWER

Would I see any performance gain by installing a GN1 Performance Super Extreme FMIC? See sig. for combo and et/mph. Thanks.

50 views and not one comment. I know some of you have switched from a SLIC to FMIC and I just want to know if you saw any performance gains.

depends a lot on how much 1/4 mile vs 1/8, and how cool you keep the I.C. between rounds. what are your IATs thru the traps?

an FMIC would probably hep some, but how much is harder to predict.

B

depends a lot on how much 1/4 mile vs 1/8, and how cool you keep the I.C. between rounds. what are your IATs thru the traps?

an FMIC would probably help some, but how much is harder to predict.

B

Thanks for response, Bob. All 1/8 mile. Air temps high 70's to low 80's.

Being 1/8 mile, it won't be as big of a deal as it would be if it was 1/4 mile. Obviously flow is one thing, a front mount will in the long run out flow a slic but IAT wise, you have more of a cushion than someone running 1/4. But like I said, it doesn't make a difference if your current SLIC is becoming a bottleneck.

I have run similar times as you in the 1/8 when I had my 6262, now that I'm using a 6766 I've gone as fast as 6.40 and I'm still dialing in the car. I know it has a 6.2 in it and I to am starting to wonder how much power I'm leaving, if any, on the table since I'm still using a PTE slic.

There's a semi current thread that testing the effectiveness of intercoolers and the key seemed to be low pressure drop. Being that the scientist in that thread seem to know much more about air flow and it usage then I, I would personally find what the pressure drops are in the IC's in question and base my decision off that.

There's a semi current thread that testing the effectiveness of intercoolers and the key seemed to be low pressure drop. Being that the scientist in that thread seem to know much more about air flow and it usage then I, I would personally find what the pressure drops are in the IC's in question and base my decision off that.

Link to thread?

Being 1/8 mile, it won't be as big of a deal as it would be if it was 1/4 mile. Obviously flow is one thing, a front mount will in the long run out flow a slic but IAT wise, you have more of a cushion than someone running 1/4. But like I said, it doesn't make a difference if your current SLIC is becoming a bottleneck.

I have run similar times as you in the 1/8 when I had my 6262, now that I'm using a 6766 I've gone as fast as 6.40 and I'm still dialing in the car. I know it has a 6.2 in it and I to am starting to wonder how much power I'm leaving, if any, on the table since I'm still using a PTE slic.

The better of the stock location Intercoolers out there (precision, dequick, RA) all flow more than most of the commercially available front mounts .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The better of the stock location Intercoolers out there (precision, dequick, RA) all flow more than most of the commercially available front mounts .

Great information to know, thank you sir!

That would include the CAS V-4, correct?

I'm not sure what the numbers designate but the CAS I've seen were good

I don't think the little better heat transfer of the gn1 fm is worth the low pressure drop of the v4 with a small 62mm.