OK let's admit it...how many of you go out LOOKING for a race?

I always go out looking for a race, but it always seems that nobody wants to play with me. Corvettes and mustangs seem to be allergic to me, I guess when you have a Grand National, you become a very lonely person. Well then there are the ricers, they want to race anything with four wheels. I guess when you drive an econo you have alot to prove normally from the back. I wish they would just stop abusing those poor grocery getters. I guess it is lonely at the top. That's it I can't take no more I'm out.:(

LOL! i feel lonely alot too around here...most of the time all i ever see are stock mustangs and camaros/trans ams...nothing interesting ever shows up:(

Hi, my name is Paul and I'm a boostaholic.

It's too much fun spanking some rice or kraut. Pretty diverse crowd around here, young punks in rice, old rich guys in something german, or rednecks in mustang's and camaro's. I just try to be real careful, no stupid stuff, let the other guys trash their cars. Mostly I just go out because I want the idiots around here to see a real car. It's almost as much fun getting looks. Actually had a couple of black guys pull up next to me the other day and ask me "hey, that thing got a hemi in it?". I told him "hell no, it eats hemi's and sh$%'s ford's!" They laughed and asked me if it was a Grand Prix (he was 3 ft. away from the GN badge on the fender) I tried to tell him what it was, but the look on his face said it all:confused: Just trying to do my part to restore respect for the great American muscle car. Too many kids out there that just don't know. Maybe I should wear a cape and some tights and become Boostman!:D

Races have really been picking up for me.

the past week got a maxima big time with the daily driver :)
Also played with those 80's single turbo toyota's.

What are those 80's toyota turbos called. they are kinda boxy
& you could hear his turbo whine. after he got going.

The way things are going I should transplant my GN motor into my OLDS :) Wonder if it has been done?

you guys really look for races??

Actually I really should feel ashamed........:D I wait all week for one particular night and I feel like a shark in a sea of guppies!!!! Tank full of 118 octane (yeah 118 octane) and 20 psi of boost on ET Streets......Man does that feel goood!!! Its like you want someone to pull up next to you or should I dare say, "let the hunt begin!!" Every now and then you get a bite from a SS or a Mustang, but once they get a really good look at whats next to them, here come the excuses!!!.............There I feel better now

Later,
Mack:D

All rain and no play makes Scott a dull boy.All rain and no play makes Scott a dull boy.All rain and no play makes Scott a dull boy.All rain and no play makes Scott a dull boy.All rain and no play makes Scott a dull boy.All rain and no play makes Scott a dull boy.All rain and no play makes Scott a dull boy.

i'm guilty

i'm one that came over from the import side.i have a little nissan sentra that went 12.03 @122 roasting all 5 gears with 22+8 slicks and i use to be the first one to pick on that loud mustang or camaro,they would look at my 4 banger and laugh until they didn't see it on the side of them any more.one day i got my ass handed to me by a turbo 6 and i was bound to get one.this is the ultimate street car.i still race the sentra but i put this crazy ass motor in which pushes alot more ponies than my 12.03 run last year 417@7300.this year should be well over 550.not much of a street car any more,thats where the gn comes in.

I go out just for the hell of it. I enjoy getting all strapped in and cruising around gentley, and then letting it rip on someone. It is an addiction...but getting busted really sucks, it's a 6-point violation here and depending on your record could lose your ride and your freedom. Just keep an eye on the slow cars, winning a race does no justification for hurting someone. Be safe all! Later.

WILKESBARRE PA IS LIKE MUSTANG CITY THATS WHY MY PLATE SAYS PONY-KLR SATURDAY NIGHT I PULL HER OUT OF THE GARAGE TO GO HORSE HUNTING I DONT WAISTE FUEL ON RICE!!!:cool:

got rice

i got some major rice sitting in the bay next to my 87 gn.i wish my gn went like my rice car.hopefully it will be there soon.
sentramental 12.03@122

why does murphy's law...

I (admittedly) go hunting in the Turbo T, but normally the ONLY time I ever see ANYTHING worth racing is when I'm in my 52 deluxe (babbit straight 6), my 65 4 door Impala (milkshaked 327- now deceased and being rebuilt for the 52) or my 84 caddy coupe (WONDERFUL 4100- but only 40xxx ORIGINAL.) I guess, talking to some of the racer types around here (in WA state), I ended up with a reputation... I cheat and only pick on those I'm 90% sure I can beat!!!

i just randomly clicked on this looking for good stories. I just posted on this subject. I do the same as you cruise looking but never start the race.

"Every intersection provides the opportunity for a race"
_ MeanChicken

He is my Hero, .....well, sort of........:)

Good bump on a cool thread.:) Been a bit slow here. I used to go out hunting all the time when I was young. It was a different world back then, guess I'm a bit older now too. Now days, I don't start much. I seem to do a good job finishing em though. :D

Mike B.

I do all the time,I'll even turn around an catch what i want to play with!!
Funniest time i did, I found a Viper upstaging a Porsche,I got behind the Viper at a light. Lights goes green i get on his Arse..He's of course stab's it, I stay Glued to his Arse for 60 feet then pull to the right an passed him at WOT...Was Great!!
Now i pretty much only hunt CrotchRiceRockets aka Motorcycles!

Enjoy!