Non Turbo Conversion!

That is probably right. This is the second one:biggrin: We kept EVERYTHING that came off so I can put it back stock when ever wanted.

It may be rare, but will it ever be worth anything?

307 = Dud... now, a 455 will sit on the same mounts... how about a little boost to one of those?

Pic of the intake. I had to put an adapter under the plenum. You'll have to buy a plenum according to however you want to run your piping.

Attachments

• underhood.JPG
    underhood.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 416
since its an olds 307 the easiet swap would be to a olds small or big block,don't use the olds 403 with turbo but an olds 455/425 would be nice direct swap too no need to change mounts or frame mounts,or an olds 350.

I do have one of those old "Oldsmobile 350 Rocket" motors. I wonder how much a bone stock could take before gernading:tongue:

I do have one of those old "Oldsmobile 350 Rocket" motors. I wonder how much a bone stock could take before gernading:tongue:

Olds engines are pretty stout... but the OE valley pan gasket is a POS... :eek:

If you're going to turbo an olds motor I think you'ld be best to use a 350 DX (diesel) block with a forged 425 crank. It can be converted to a 4 bolt main or girdled to make it stout. It has the thickest main webs of the olds motors. The 455s need a girdle to handle turbo power and probably can't hold up much over 700 hp. Visit realoldspower.com to get an understanding of what these motors can and should'nt do. Be prepared to meet some very colorful personalities over there.

What he said....my buddy has a twin 80mm set-up on a stock Olds diesel block and makes around 1700-1800hp with a stock block and good rotating parts. He has it in a rail and goes 4.2's at 170+:biggrin: Impressive with a production block

What he said....my buddy has a twin 80mm set-up on a stock Olds diesel block and makes around 1700-1800hp with a stock block and good rotating parts. He has it in a rail and goes 4.2's at 170+:biggrin: Impressive with a production block

Dusty that sounds almost as cool as getting some sleep right now!!!:D

I have heard of those blocks! I didn't know they would hold that much though:eek:

sgrim, have a question for you

what was the difference between your 307 and the 307 from an 87 limited, by the way you are only 1 town west of me, i am in washington

There is no difference that I know of..

Washington, I lived on the water, pratically, there for a few years. I used to live right outside of Grimesland on 33. I stayed on the water bass fishing more than I worked LOL!!!!

There is a guy in Windsor with a GN that is wanting me to try to fix it for him but I haven't had time too. More and more TR's around all the time:biggrin:

If you need anything help with anything shoot me a PM!

?

anyone ever done a 502 gm performance bb chevy in a buick? I am only noticing the small blocks so far :cool: