New XFI 2.05

For those of you who are running an XFI with a flex fuel sensor, the new 2.05 will allow you to trim your timing based on your fuel energy constant. What this means is, your timing can automatically be lowered if you get E70 or have a gasoline mixture (or visa versa).

New Features for XFI:
  • Individual Cylinder fuel correction referenced to RPM
    (Cylinder vs. RPM). This feature allows for very fine tuning of an engine cylinder by cylinder, throughout the engines entire rpm band.
  • Calibration parameters for addition of dedicated fuel pressure
    Sensor on AAUX1.
  • Dynamic Fuel Pressure Correction allows for user enabled fuel
    correction for fuel pressure changes in real time.
  • Added the ability to interface with the FAST EZ-LS ignition
    controller. Allows user to incorporate the latest, cost effective ignition controller in FAST's product line.
  • Increased points for PA Ramp Retard. 16 points (instead of 8
    )of timing retard values vs elapsed time.
  • Dwell control settings (user enabled) for EZ-LS and XIM
    applications. Allows user to finely tune the dwell time to match the ignition coils being used. Provides programmable tables for Base Dwell vs. Battery Voltage and Dwell Modifier vs. Throttle Position (load). This feature will allow matching virtually any coil with any supported ignition application.
  • Timing offset table (spark offset vs. fuel energy constant)
    for optimizing power when using alternative fuels.
  • High RPM spark cut rev limiter. Provides an additional max.
    RPM rev limiter that cuts spark.
  • 2nd Comm port enabled for eDASH support. Can use C-Com and
    eDash simultaneously.
  • Calibration parameters for addition of dedicated oil pressure
    Sensor on AAUX2.
  • Minimum Oil pressure (user programmed) engine shutdown (fuel cut).
  • Calibration parameters for addition of dedicated Baro pressure
    Sensor on AAUX3.
  • With dedicated remote Baro sensor, supports live corrections
    of engine load and table indexing in load indexed speed density mode for changing barometric pressure (altitude changes).
  • Combine the Progressive PA Fuel and Solenoid duty cycle tables
    to one. This allows for mode convenient tuning for progressive power adder tuning.
  • QuickBoost: Enhanced turbocharger boost control. ECU monitors
    TPS, RPM and manifold pressure to intelligently control wastegate solenoid duty cycle. Using tuner defined parameters, the ECU will automatically command the wastegate solenoid to 100% duty cycle during the boost building ("spool up") phase.
  • EGR no longer supported.

Damn, looks like I will have to hit Cal up to do a once over on my tune

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

No problem. I'm flying back to Florida today and expect to be doing a lot of converting the next few days.

What happens to the existing tunes ? Will they simply need to updated with new features or something more complicated ?
AG.

You will just need to populate the new tables.

Going through the tables in the new software, I noticed a few observations. Please feel free to make any changes if any of the below is wrong.

Operational Parameters –
Spark cut off rev limit should be set to large value (example 10,000) to disable
Uncheck "Remote Baro sensor enable" if not used
Min oil pressure Cutoff enable – This is pre-checked and will need to be unchecked if not used
Ignition Parameters –
Ignition mode needs to be selected as “Buick OEM DIS Ignition”. Nothing is pre-selected!
Fuel Calc Parameters –
Target Fuel pressure should be set to 45 psi or whatever base FP is set to.
FP correction Enable is not checked. User will need to decide if this should be enable.
Spark Offset Vs FEC -
Should set this to“0” as a baseline
Individual CYL. Fuel Correction Vs. RPM –
Should be populated with “0” as baseline

If you recently downloaded 2.05, please verify you are using Flash B5 and not B4

Is the download pulled from there website ? Don't see it up anymore ?
My original download had B4 firmware.

Download should be back up soon. Installer is being updated with new firmware revision. It's just a small issue with the XFI's CAN messaging with the XIM module. If you don't have an XIM, there are no other known issues with B4.

I'm currently logging fuel pressure. Would that mean my transducer is wired to AAux1 and I just need to configure the fuel pressure correction and cut off?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

I'm currently logging fuel pressure. Would that mean my transducer is wired to AAux1 and I just need to configure the fuel pressure correction and cut off?

Don't forget to calibrate the fuel and oil pressure sensors from the sensor calibration menu. With the new features, the sensor calibration is a bit different. Those sensors now have an ECU internal calibration. While the old calibration and the new calibration can co-exist, it would be best to rename the old externally calibrated sensors to something else so as not to get confused about which sensors you are logging.

Don't forget to calibrate the fuel and oil pressure sensors from the sensor calibration menu. With the new features, the sensor calibration is a bit different. Those sensors now have an ECU internal calibration. While the old calibration and the new calibration can co-exist, it would be best to rename the old externally calibrated sensors to something else so as not to get confused about which sensors you are logging.
You lost me. I have fuel and oil on channels 1 and 2. So what is done differently? Help file wasn't updated to be much help.
AG

You lost me. I have fuel and oil on channels 1 and 2. So what is done differently? Help file wasn't updated to be much help.
AG
All the auxiliary analog channels have external calibrations. That is, calibrations that only tell C-Com how to interpret the sensor voltages for display. The new version dedicates several of these channels for ECU internal use; Fuel pressure, oil pressure and Baro pressure. You have to calibrate these channels the same way the TPM, MAP and temp. sensors are calibrated. These calibrations are all grouped in the sensor calibration menu. You can still have them calibrated as auxiliary channels but it's kind of pointless as they would be redundant since C-Com now has has dedicated sensors for fuel pressure, oil pressure and baro pressure. The hardware analog input channels the fuel and oil pressure use are still the same but just need to be calibrated to the ECU from the sensor calibration menu (View | System Configuration | Sensor Calibration) now.