New XFI 2.05

HighPSI

Staff member
I have been out of town a lot and maybe you guys are already aware of this, but the new 2.05 software is about to be released. I have been testing it for a while and it has a lot of cool features. Some things that come to mind are:
Ignition cutoff if the fuel or oil pressure get to low
High rpm ignition cutoff instead of just a fuel cutoff
Individual cylinder correction vs rpm
The second communication port week be activated (important for those with the eDash or Scanmaster)
User adjustable dwell settings for xim users
More data points on the PA Retard table
Spark offset vs fuel energy constant for those E85 guys
There are also some changes made for better boost control

I'm sure there are some things I'm forgetting, but these are most of them. I am tuning in Atlanta until Monday, but will do my best to respond to this thread

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm looking forward to this. Every time I read about this, there is another feature that I like. Can you tell what is going to happen with the boost controller? Are we going to get a table that is in wastegate PSI instead of duty cycle? Is closed loop going to be faster responding. I like my AMS, but I would like to have the simplicity of adjusting the curve with a laptop in the FAST since I'll already have it open between rounds.

The boost controller changes are not something the user will control. They are more internal with how the strategy works

Oh I'm excited :)

I assume it will be a simple download and flash, and I hope it is free. :)

Adrian

It is free, Adrian.
Norbs, do you think decell fueling would help you with your combination?

It is free, Adrian.
Norbs, do you think decell fueling would help you with your combination?

Yes, it would, it helped quite a bit when I tested the stock ecu with it. A/f ratio never dipped into the 9s, but only went to mid 11's on decel..But I can't use the stock ecu due to emi issues with the MSD 7 box.

Mike I been wanting this feature for 2 years now...the Every stock ecu in the OBD-II era and the GN ECU has it and the new holley system also..it saves the oil from gas contamination and saves fuel...

Hi Cal

will this upgrade change my current tune?

Denny

cal,

do these work with the factory ignition?

The low fuel & oil pressure portion should work (to be honest, haven't tried it on a stock Buick ignition, yet). The high end rev limit won't work very well.

Hi Cal

will this upgrade change my current tune?

Denny

Not really. You will need to populate a few new tables, but everything else should work fine

Yes, it would, it helped quite a bit when I tested the stock ecu with it. A/f ratio never dipped into the 9s, but only went to mid 11's on decel..But I can't use the stock ecu due to emi issues with the MSD 7 box.

Mike I been wanting this feature for 2 years now...the Every stock ecu in the OBD-II era and the GN ECU has it and the new holley system also..it saves the oil from gas contamination and saves fuel...

I'm not even sure where to begin with this. Roughly how much fuel do you really think you are saving? What does the xfi currently say your mpg is when you are on decell?
As for oil contamination, I have never had anyone say they have had that problem. How does this compare to the amount of fuel getting in the crankcase at full boost? The A/F reading is more a factor of no air, then a bunch of extra fuel that can get by the rings, especially on low cylinder pressure decel.
I have used xfi software in the past, that had this feature and liked having it, but certainly never thought of it as a "must have" item.
I'll make you a deal, I will do everything I can to get you decel fueling in time for you to use it the next time you go to the track.

I'll make you a deal, I will do everything I can to get you decel fueling in time for you to use it the next time you go to the track.

:)

I quickly tried to search to see if I can read up on some more of these features, but couldn't find anything on the web. does anyone have a decent link.

Thanks

Adrian

Cal, will there be a charge to upgrade to the new software or will it be free to exising xfi owners?