New to the site, Cleveland Ohio

Whats wrong with the eastside??

Too far for my 22 year old, 169,000 mile hooptie (doesn't look like it in my sig pics or in person for that matter but that's how many miles it's got)

Ghetto!

:biggrin:

That too, unless we're talking Bratenahl or something, and even then you're not too far away from it!:biggrin: Seriously, I had a pretty bad experience on the eastside once and I don't care to go back, at least with a car that would be a prime target for theft or something. Not saying everybody that lives there is a bad person, as I've also met some very nice people there but I was working over that way once (I'm in the HVAC business) and I stopped to use a pay phone and my coworker that was sitting in the van said something and I looked up and saw he had a gun leveled at somebody that was about to jump me from behind. I didn't even know he'd brought the gun with him but I'm very grateful that he did. Now if my job wants me to go that way I won't even think of telling them OK unless I have another person with me and we have something to defend ourselves with.

Too far for my 22 year old, 169,000 mile hooptie (doesn't look like it in my sig pics or in person for that matter but that's how many miles it's got)

That too, unless we're talking Bratenahl or something, and even then you're not too far away from it!:biggrin: Seriously, I had a pretty bad experience on the eastside once and I don't care to go back, at least with a car that would be a prime target for theft or something. Not saying everybody that lives there is a bad person, as I've also met some very nice people there but I was working over that way once (I'm in the HVAC business) and I stopped to use a pay phone and my coworker that was sitting in the van said something and I looked up and saw he had a gun leveled at somebody that was about to jump me from behind. I didn't even know he'd brought the gun with him but I'm very grateful that he did. Now if my job wants me to go that way I won't even think of telling them OK unless I have another person with me and we have something to defend ourselves with.

Westsiders:rolleyes:

I think I remember somebody telling me there is a Quaker Steak in Brunswick...is that correct? if so I may be down with taking a trip or two there this summer. That's if some of my other local Buick buds want to make a day of it sometime...

dont know about a q steak in brunswick ,but there is the one in valley view under the big bridge (480), thats kinda eastside isnt it?:D . im new to tb world just got my gn in september, and would like to see some of your cars:cool:
David

dont know about a q steak in brunswick ,but there is the one in valley view under the big bridge (480), thats kinda eastside isnt it?:D . im new to tb world just got my gn in september, and would like to see some of your cars:cool:
David

thats the closest one to the eastside anyway!

I'll have to give the one in Valley View some thought. That's pretty much an hour from where I live in Vermilion, whereas the one in Sheffield that I always go to is about 20-25 minutes away and there's supposed to be another one coming to Vermilion that will be 5 minutes away from me...kinda makes an hour's drive tough to justify...how long would it take you eastsiders to get to the one in Sheffield? It's on Transportation Drive right next to the Rt. 254 exit off of I-90 in case you're not sure...

I'll have to give the one in Valley View some thought. That's pretty much an hour from where I live in Vermilion, whereas the one in Sheffield that I always go to is about 20-25 minutes away and there's supposed to be another one coming to Vermilion that will be 5 minutes away from me...kinda makes an hour's drive tough to justify...how long would it take you eastsiders to get to the one in Sheffield? It's on Transportation Drive right next to the Rt. 254 exit off of I-90 in case you're not sure...

I thought that cruise-ins gave a reason and or a destination to drive and enjoy our machines out on the open road?

I'm up for wherever......if I'm invited of course!

There are plenty of nice places on the eastside (Thompson Dragway for one). It's just the east side of Cleveland itself and the inner suburbs that should be carpet bombed.

The one in Valley View is purdy nice as long as its not flooded from the canal;) . Only downside is the Valley View police can be pricks. I see them all the time yanking over bikers on Wednesday Bike nights. I still consider it westside territory as its not quite past the big 480 bridge.
I'll also stay on the west side of town! You can't get anywhere fast on the eastside, it takes forever to get from point A to point B over there. Westside rules!!

just had lunch at q-steak in sheffield sunday ,good but expensive, im willing to travel a little to get together( if invited:biggrin: )want to see everyones car.

I thought that cruise-ins gave a reason and or a destination to drive and enjoy our machines out on the open road?

That's why I'm giving the one in Valley View some thought. If I didn't think I was going to enjoy myself/my car/other people's cars and company, I wouldn't even consider driving an hour to meet up and sit with a bunch of people I've never met. It would also make the thought of driving this distance more enticing if some of my already-established local Buick buds would go too, just to have somebody to talk to that I've already known for a while too.

I'm up for wherever......if I'm invited of course!

There are plenty of nice places on the eastside (Thompson Dragway for one). It's just the east side of Cleveland itself and the inner suburbs that should be carpet bombed.

just had lunch at q-steak in sheffield sunday ,good but expensive, im willing to travel a little to get together( if invited:biggrin: )want to see everyones car.

These are cruise-ins we're talking about here; nobody needs to have an invite! However, if somebody wants to know when/where I'm going so we could meet up, PM me. I'd like to meet everybody I can around here just as long as it doesn't mean me driving to the east side/other long distances all the time! There's way too many Mustangs and sport compacts that go to Sheffield; we need more Turbo Buicks to crowd them outta there!

The one in Valley View is purdy nice as long as its not flooded from the canal;) . Only downside is the Valley View police can be pricks. I see them all the time yanking over bikers on Wednesday Bike nights. I still consider it westside territory as its not quite past the big 480 bridge.
I'll also stay on the west side of town! You can't get anywhere fast on the eastside, it takes forever to get from point A to point B over there. Westside rules!!

That's another thing I'm worried about...cops in Valley View as well as all the way down 480 (especially Rocky River/N. Olmsted area). Not to mention other drivers on 480 in general!:eek:

The food there is OK, but the service usually sucks and the prices are too high for what you get...I just go for the cars and people...;)

lets do it . when weather is just a bit nicer though. lol

Looking forward to it. I'm on call this whole week including this coming Sunday, then the following Sunday is Easter so I'll probably be doing the family thing:rolleyes:, so I'm probably looking at finally making it on April 19th. Hopefully it'll be plenty warm enough by then. On a side note, on the QS website it looks like Vermilion QS is going to be a reality!