New to E85. Few questions

What cylinders were down compression and do you use the RJC PowerPlate, curious?

What cylinders were down compression and do you use the RJC PowerPlate, curious?

2,3,4 are low. No on the rjc plate. I have a ported stock intake, 1" spacer and a pte upper and 70mm Tb.
after some investigation, rings are at fault. This engine has 200+ 9-10 sec passes on it. Its just tired. I hot lap it too at the Thursday night races I go to. Not uncommon to make 6-8 passes in 1 hour when going rounds. That is probably hell on the rings. Going to start using some marvel oil in the e85 for top end lubrication.

I am going out one more time this Thursday with the car. Got another loaner tc to try, plus I got a shot at $1000, which would really help out the rebuild process.

Was going to say why not let Dusty take a stab at getting the TC right, but forgot the TC was a loaner :)

Got the car running few weeks ago and finally the weather cleared up, and me and gabby got a chance to take out to the track with the new fuel setup. The car went 6.60 @ 105 with a 1.51 60' on 28" mickey drag radials. Boost was setup at 24 psi , so car has PLENTY left in , a/f was around 10.7. Better numbers in a few weeks!

Got the car running few weeks ago and finally the weather cleared up, and me and gabby got a chance to take out to the track with the new fuel setup. The car went 6.60 @ 105 with a 1.51 60' on 28" mickey drag radials. Boost was setup at 24 psi , so car has PLENTY left in , a/f was around 10.7. Better numbers in a few weeks!

That sounds like 10.4s, you should be be scary fast with more boost.

Nice! I have been 10.2 with a 6.6.

Good luck with it.

I am getting ready to pull my engine today to give it a much needed freshen up. Its ready to pull, just need to hook the lift up. Hope to be back at in a couple weeks.