New Simmons install on a T car!

dz28

I'm rather happy with the way this looks!!!

Attachments

• TB1.JPG
    TB1.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 800
  • tb2.JPG
    tb2.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 771
  • DSCN3030R.jpg
    DSCN3030R.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 784
I don't know, I think you should sell them to me :biggrin: Those wheels on my lowered silver T would be just sick.

did you buy the rims new or used? Location? Name etc? Looking for some simmons OM wheels.

BTW, they look great.. Thanks. CC

They look great, but then I am sort of partial to them.

What size/backspacing did you go with?

Turbo6Chicago: thanks for the updated pic... there is always next summer to make some changes...:tongue:

ccognetta: I actually bought these off IowaGN a few months ago, they were technically used however had never been on a car. I peeled the tire stickers today when I mounted them on the car:D

Silver Fox: I actually do not have the backspacing measurements as these originally were a group purchase I believe from GroupA wheels(autotrend@msn.com). I know another member on the board who had these on his 9700 mile 87 Limited and he assured me they would fit with little to no rubbing. He is a man of his words and they fit like a glove... a tight fitting glove for sure. Fronts are 245/40-18 on 18x9 and rears are 285/35-18 on 18x10's... they fill up the wheel well quite nicely...

Turbo6Chicago: thanks for the updated pic... there is always next summer to make some changes...:tongue:

Haha I didn't mean to imply that they don't look good as they are. :D Leaving them silver compliments the chrome trim. I'm just a sucker for paint matching rims to the car.

Either way awesome wheels, wish I could afford 'em. :eek:

it took some wheelin and dealin to put together the money for them... I could not have afforded them direct from GroupA wheels! Another board member was kind enough to offer them at a competitive price... silver center looks good on the T, the black center or even a darker gray would look pretty sinister as well... either way I love the way it looks and will have to think long and hard about taking an inch out of the stance all the way around...:eek:

I think they are staying on the car for some time!! Must resist the temptation to lay down a 10" wide pair of decorations on my street!:cool:

They look great, but then I am sort of partial to them.

What size/backspacing did you go with?

Straight from the previous owners for sale thread......

4.875 backspace on the rear and 4.34 backspace on the front on these.

Aahhh...The Original Simmons display vehicle...

:D

I must agree they look great on your TR. :cool:

Attachments

• 86GrandN11.jpg
    86GrandN11.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 672
You should lower it your car sits high like most 87 and late86's when they used monte ss springs.