New setup getting closer

Fiberglass hood, no inner fenders, trz tubular a-arms, wilwood brakes, rack, weld magnum wheels, aluminum block sb2.2 engine, kirkey seats, cut off front of frame horns from in front of a-arms and removed core support (replaced with small diameter chromoly support, cut out center of cross member replaced w/ 1.5'' chromoly tube, took a chop saw to factory stereo and cut off all but about 1'' of the front (saved 4 lbs, but no tunes now!) etc.
We're actually racing at a little over 3400lbs now because the 275's seem to like some weight placed over them.

Nice pass! Thanks for the info...Can you tell me how much those front frame horns and rad support saved you ? Do you have pics ?

Nice pass! Thanks for the info...Can you tell me how much those front frame horns and rad support saved you ? Do you have pics ?

I think you're talking between 30 and 50 lbs depending on how aggressive you get on what you remove. Here are some pics, they're probably not the best but they'll show you a little of what it looks like up front.
sb26.jpg

sb27.jpg

sb28.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

sb22.jpg

I have been watching your track videos over and over again.. Have you done some sort of weight saving in the doors? They look like a featherweight when one of your crew guys opens and closes them after the burnouts.

Or his muscles are bigger than they look.... ? :biggrin:

PM me if you like.

Arthur

I have been watching your track videos over and over again.. Have you done some sort of weight saving in the doors? They look like a featherweight when one of your crew guys opens and closes them after the burnouts.

Or his muscles are bigger than they look.... ? :biggrin:

PM me if you like.

Arthur

We cut out the crash bars (about 12lbs a side if I remember right), otherwise stock weight with factory glass and door panels and power windows still work!(speakers have been removed because they hit the rocker bar on the cage)