Just talked to the owner. Had the car for 14 years. Only thing he did to it was replace the alternator. No modifications other than what I said earlier which was done by the first owner. He got rid of it because he wanted a new truck instead.

So the chip is very old school...I would replace it. Most of the old chips used to much timing for todays gas. A turbotweak chip is very good and a scanmaster to check sensors and adjust.

TurboTweak Home, Get a nice street chip for whatever octane gas you plan on using. Their online store also has the Scanmaster that TType83 mentioned. Installing the chip and Scanmaster are both simple.

TurboTweak Home, Get a nice street chip for whatever octane gas you plan on using. Their online store also has the Scanmaster that TType83 mentioned. Installing the chip and Scanmaster are both simple.
Yep even I can do it...I would read up as much as you can on gnttype.org and Vortex Turbo Buick Performance
then think about
1. fuel pump and hotwire kit
2. adjustable fuel pressure regulator
3. new injectors if those are 20 yr old orginals (50 or 60lbs injectors)
4. Razor progressive alky injection (pricey, but best bang for the buck)
5. port the stock turbo elbow.
6. replace valve springs (hot item) stock ones suck) a stock replacement is fine from postons, JCotton, Fullthrottle, GBodys....

Before you even get the chip, read and think about above..well get the scanmaster first. The above mods are just to improve the orginal stuff that don't work well after 20 years.

And if you do get bigger injectors, make sure the chip is burned for that particular injector!

personal opion here, keep using whatever oil he was running in it. I changed mine over to mobile and whiped the cam out. It must be working fine if its still running good with whatever he was using so I would stay with it if I was you. Now on my rebuilt motor I run royal purple myself. Daniel Ray