New guy from Elgin, Illinois

suluman78

Hey everyone! I'm a new first time owner of a Buick we4. First of all I've been reading this site for about a month and so far I think you guys are awesome! And that is not an exaggeration. The car I have purchased had not been started in years and thanx to your site I got it running again! I have a lot to learn and a long journey to travel before I get this car back to its original glory but with you guys and my love for these cars I think I'll accomplish this. thanx!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanx for the welcome guys! don't have many pics right now but heres one of when I picked it up, as you can see it needs a lot of work:confused:
20131003_144505.jpg
we4 on trailer.jpg

Welcome to The Dark Side!
It looks good to me.:) Congrats. Grab a beer and make your self at home.
Let us know what you need and happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Join GN/TtypeCentral if your on Facebook. Welcome aboard .There will be a couple shows .We had almost 100 cars at Buffalo Wild Wings on Randal rd Hoffman Estates and thats not to far from you. You will meet a lot of people and see puddles of oil everywhere.LOL. If you need the fillers under the headlights? look above^^^^.
Spoolfool is the man for those depending on when your getting them let us now because you can save on shipping if you get someone that orders a set with you.There are vendors in Illinois that sell the spoolfool fillers.I think Glen at HighwayStars has them in stock. Those are the best fillers out there.

Thanks guys! It's so nice to know that there's all this great support for the owners of these cars. I subscribe to gnttype central like chopped69 mentioned I really liked it and can't wait to join you guys soon! I'm sure my we4 will add its share of oil puddles lol! Since i could tell it needs rear main seal. Spoolfool! You're the man! When the time comes I'll look for you for that one piece rear filler. After reading that whole thread about which filler was the best, which was very interesting to read, it's a no brainer, plus I believe in American made! Thank you guys!

Welcome suluman, sounds like we have similar situations with getting our Buicks back on the road. Seems like everyone on here is loaded with good info and not afraid to share.

Thanx Parkey34, nice gn, I was looking at your post, I'm glad that you got that block nice and loose! I see your from Woodstock Ill. I got a few relatives out in wonderlake and my car is actually In roundlake. I haven't done nothing to it yet :( cause of another project that I'm just finishing but I'll keep an eye on your progress and learn a thing or two, Maybe one day well meet each other and all the other local gn owners!

Greetings! I'm in Lake in the Hills. There are 4 or 5 others close by too.

Welcome aboard. McHenry, IL here. As others said keep your eye out for info about the Midwest Meets. Lots of us in the area.

Welcome to the site! Car looks good BTW...(y)
Let us know if we can be of some help..