New, current updated Michigan thread.

The negative terminal on the fan broke. It wasn't making contact and I didn't have time to tear into it and fix it. And the new fan works and it's actually much more quiet so that's cool :)

Clock is ticking for Bruce's show.. hope you get it done in time.
I know need to get it done. But don't even know if I will be able to drive. Have to get surgery on my right foot and leg. So don't know if I will be in a cast or a removable boot. if in a boot I will just put it back on when I get there

Hey guys, just moved into the area. Reading through the posts and want to get some help. I have a genii setup like a few of the guys here and just can't get it to work. I've got lt1 4.1l eng and 42.5 injectors the rest is stock stuff. I was wondering,

One what data do I need to collect to get help diagnosing this thing

Two if someone is local (I'm in Charlotte area of mi) can we swap stuff and check my components?

It's been awhile since the car did much and it sat for about 4 years so I could have other components wrong. I'm going to swap back to stock and test all of that.

Thanks for the help!

Logan

Welcome. For starters we need your signature filled out with as much detail as you can get. This helps us out tremendously. And your engine is a what? I don't understand. LT1?

Lol no. Sorry on a tablet. 4.1l V6 with genII translator and lt1 maf. I swapped everything to stock today and it runs like it should. So in either have a bad maf, bad extreme g chip, bad translator box, or bad Casper's adapter harness. The one thing I do need is a scan master. It would be nice to get together with some people and talk. Still isn't perfect. It skips on occasion. I do have a plug in scantool so I'll get everything I can together.

Well not to sure about Aug 2 now. Talk to Doctors office today and they want to do surgery on July 29. So as long as I am not in a cast I can drive up and just hang out in a chair all day. If I am in a cast My cruise days are screwed. Even for moose preserve cause they already scheduled my follow up appointment for the friday before woodward. I am thinking though that I won't be in a cast. last time I had this done,from a different doctor, on the other foot they did a follow up appointment less than a week from surgery to take cast off clean and recast. Have to go to his office later today so can see if I can find anything out

For what it's worth my car ran like shit when I got the extreme g chip from Eric, went back to the TT chip he burned for me and she runs great. Nothing against his stuff as I'm sure it's user error on my end but unless you program computers for a living and have time to play with it just use a TT chip.

Well not to sure about Aug 2 now. Talk to Doctors office today and they want to do surgery on July 29. So as long as I am not in a cast I can drive up and just hang out in a chair all day. If I am in a cast My cruise days are screwed. Even for moose preserve cause they already scheduled my follow up appointment for the friday before woodward. I am thinking though that I won't be in a cast. last time I had this done,from a different doctor, on the other foot they did a follow up appointment less than a week from surgery to take cast off clean and recast. Have to go to his office later today so can see if I can find anything out

We'll you can roll in our GN if you can't bring yours. See u there.

Help! Does anyone have an ECM I can buy off of them? I will drive to you if anyone has got one. Mine took a crap and my spare ECM works fine except my ScanMaster doesn't work with my spare. Anyone?

Because I have a spare ECM and it solved my problems except I got the spare super cheap from Bruce knowing it doesn't kick on my low speed fan. Found one in the city, rather not drive down there, do u know where else I can find one.

Anybody have a basic translator and 3" MAF I can try out to see if that's my issue ? ill pay a rental fee

Did you do the typical maf tests? Like the tap test or the drive without it plugged in test? Can you look at AF on your scanmaster? Would that help? You can buy one from autozone and plug it in to see as well. If it fixes it, keep it. If not, take it right back :) There's a technical way to test it too but good luck finding someone that knows the real deal on that. I'd ask john spina or bob bailey how to test one properly.

Tried tapping it, but honestly I'm leaning more towards the translator. Got no problem going to buy a new one but don't want to do it just for the hell of it.

Saw a GN on woodward last friday had the highballs on also was clean anyone here? tried to get next to you but sheriff was in my lane