New, current updated Michigan thread.

Can anybody help me out with tuning my car with a gen 2 translator ? I can get it running pretty good with just my standard tt alky chip, but when i put in the extreme g chip i just cant get this thing right. As of now its falling on its face at like 3500 rpm, just looking for some hands on help from anyone else who may run with the gen 2 also. Thanks

Sorry, i have fairly limited diagnostic tools and knowledge.....better leave this one up to the experts!

I just went ahead and put the TT chip back in it. Runs like a beast with that chip just can't do the wideband tracking.

Saw 2 grand nationals today at the car show at the barn in Livonia. Belong to any of you guys ? I had the T-Type out there today, good show till the rain came.

Shoot, i didn't know there was a show in Livonia.....but it rained pretty steady here in Farmington today. My wife is finishing her school next week, so that will open up a lot more time for her and I. Hope your T is running well! So far this season has been kinda rainy and cool......worked on my garage door a little this weekend......The Buicks bedroom!! Craig

Murphy's Law, are you on Facebook "Turbo Buick Owners of South East Michigan"? There is about 20 of us over there....hope to get together soon!!

I joined the group but I'm never on Facebook and it always slips my mind to go on there. I like this forum better and I get alerts soon as someone post a message. Car is running good but I think it's running a little lean, bl is at like 142.

Right on! I thought that was out of whack for your boost! LOL....let me know if you are ever out and about and I will try to meet up with you somewhere at an event, now that your beast is running! Craig

Anybody in the Southfield area got a gallon of alcohol I can buy off them ? Out cruising and forgot to fill up.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an 86/87 electric fan with pigtail/connector I can buy off of them? My fan just took a crap on my and it's my DD so I need this back on the road asap. Or what other GM models use the same fan..I could try a junk yard.

Not sure any other cars used our exact fan set up. Though there are other fans that fit. Intrepid fans come to mind. Though I don't know which years :( You sure it's not a relay or fuse problem?

Its the fan itself. The negitive terminal on the fan cracked and broke off causing a loose connection. I took the fan off and it is not fixable. So the intrepid fans bolt right on with little to no modification?

Still haven't had my car out yet this year. Life has just been a kick in the nuts. started putting a sound system in mine over the winter so guess I should finish that. got the kit to convert the non concert sound door panel to add the concert sound to it and need to add the amp in the trunk yet. Have seen a few GN out driving around. SO just need to get off my a$$ and get stuff done to mine. still have a tr6 sitting in the box I bought last year to put on also and the power logger.

1987 Pontiac fiero gt fan bolted right up and it was only 50$ at the scrap yard in case any of your fans decide to take a crap on you guys

Still haven't had my car out yet this year. Life has just been a kick in the nuts. started putting a sound system in mine over the winter so guess I should finish that. got the kit to convert the non concert sound door panel to add the concert sound to it and need to add the amp in the trunk yet. Have seen a few GN out driving around. SO just need to get off my a$$ and get stuff done to mine. still have a tr6 sitting in the box I bought last year to put on also and the power logger.

Clock is ticking for Bruce's show.. hope you get it done in time.