New Bowling Green RACING CLASS 2007

seriously guys, i have a turbo charged cutlass ciera international. blow any gn or gnx off the street. barely street legal fellas.... i would like to post some pics of my ride but am new to this but not sure how.

I love to see it. Sure sounds a lot more interesting car than these proposed "bone stock class" cars. :biggrin:

seriously guys, i have a turbo charged cutlass ciera international. blow any gn or gnx off the street. barely street legal fellas.... i would like to post some pics of my ride but am new to this but not sure how.

Yeah... I think I've seen that car street racing in the Rock Hill, SC area. Factory BOP 3.3L turbocharged and still running the 3T40 transmission. A 4-door none-the-less!! :eek:

Here's a question...

well then maybe someone will take a unoriginal not quite ruined one and return it to a higher value dollar car to race.

thats the idea-concours show cars going fast and whipping lsx cars without scarificing the integerity of the car.

the integerity of a high dollar original car people have been left out.

a car racing under these rules could/would win a car show and sell for more money than anything otherwise

is if they return there cars to real stock looking higher dollar status vehicles

So, what if a 180k mile rusted rot-box shows up for the class?? Being 100% stock appearing? You keep mentioning in the above posts about the "higher value" cars, I'm just wondering??

K.

the rusted/ beat car if passes visual will race if it retains stock appearance
the rule make no mention of condition of car

if gnx suspension was allowed id be in it.
they are not trying to make a class to sell parts

the cheater class is a good way to put this-i like it:)

rules will stand as is

GOOD NEWS!! I just found out that a TA-66GTQ will be my "bone stock" turbo.

I've got one of those sitting here as well. But I never tried to fit the stock 90* elbow to it... :cool: Never tried to fit a stock inlet bell to it either... :eek:

K.

thats the spirit-
both you guys are getting the idea now;)

The official name of the class should be:

Turbo Street Concours = TSC :biggrin:

K.

about 5 people called and tried to get legal -too late not enough time to prepare for it.

they will try for either next year or another event later this year is what was said by richard and dennis.

I heard Richard and Dennis were too busy in the swap meet area hording everything imaginable that they didn't have enough time otherwise for a race class. Definitely some upset people that needed parts for their cars and couldn't get them.

K.

about 5 people called and tried to get legal -too late not enough time to prepare for it.

they will try for either next year or another event later this year is what was said by richard and dennis.

Get a clear set of rules and this may be a fun class .

Get a clear set of rules and this may be a fun class .

A clear set of rules that has something to do with the name of the class "Bone Stock" would be nice. Any chance of at least using a Bone Stock turbo? No better way to get ahold of a class than capping the turbo size. There are a lot of guys out there who take pride in running with stock stuff, let's give them a place to showcase there hardwork. Every other class is a runaway with cubic dollars usually taking the win, why do we need another one??

A clear set of rules that has something to do with the name of the class "Bone Stock" would be nice. Any chance of at least using a Bone Stock turbo? No better way to get ahold of a class than capping the turbo size. There are a lot of guys out there who take pride in running with stock stuff, let's give them a place to showcase there hardwork. Every other class is a runaway with cubic dollars usually taking the win, why do we need another one??

There needs to be a class with no turbo larger than 59mm inducer size. Either Te or Ta compressor housings. That would be a great class that the "blue collar" everyday guy could run in.

K.

There needs to be a class with no turbo larger than 59mm inducer size. Either Te or Ta compressor housings. That would be a great class that the "blue collar" everyday guy could run in.

K.

+1

I heard Richard was too busy in the swap meet area hording everything imaginable that he didn't have enough time otherwise for a race class. Definitely some upset people that needed parts for their cars and couldn't get them.

K.

hes been doing that for 20 years now

as far as the people needing parts
everyone that gets there the first day has the same chance to get swap meet parts..
i got alot form the guy with the hurst olds outside the event

Stock turbo is the way to go for this class. John talk to Richard and Dennis get the ball rolling with this class for the BPG event at National Trail i will bring my car 100%. and show you how fast a stock turbo car can run :D

All the cars I saw in the stages lanes and running down the track at Bowling Green didn't fit the current rules. Maybe a couple show cars could of raced. I hope there is some serious consideration to revise the rules and get them out there so people can get their car setup. I really like the idea of this class. But, I think it really should be stock turbo, elbow, downpipe, intercooler, and air cleaner assy. Limit the tire size and require them to be a true radial - no drag radials, slicks, ect. The above represents a lot more of a stock class then being able to run a hidden fast or big stuff... And don't sweat over someone with some frame braces or a tranny cooler. It's like saying you can't race because you have a pf52 oil filter vs. the stock size pf47.

Thanks for any consideration, Craig