new best

Sweet! You need to put your time on the fastest TAI list. Let's hope you don't scatter the bottom end in Reynolds!

He's on the list already. ;)

Don't think we should update the time since he had a 110 mix in there for this run. I'm sure he'll update the time soon enough with the new pump!

Thanks Bob for that link, i Ordered it. I got two guys wanting to kill me at the track thrusday, may have more than i can handel. Come give a hand if you can. I saw this pristine 66 Mustang(Black), and a (grey) 68 Camaro, im thinking you know the guy in the 68, so im going to do my best wish me luck.

I'm impressed.

Good job.

What does it run at 25 psi?

pump gas/alky timing?

thanks,the time in the sig is on 93 pump 21 deg of timing...yes don't put me on the list as i had a mix..so i hope in Reynolds to move up on the list...i will have a doublepumper in the car next week with only 93 pump...i am am pretty sure i can run 30lbs on 93 maybe more with the low timing i am running..Bob

Thanks Bob for that link, i Ordered it. I got two guys wanting to kill me at the track thrusday, may have more than i can handel. Come give a hand if you can. I saw this pristine 66 Mustang(Black), and a (grey) 68 Camaro, im thinking you know the guy in the 68, so im going to do my best wish me luck.

i wish i could..they have kicked me out for now for lack of safety equipment..we are firing up my buddys car today though..should be a strong runner..we might come play with it...good luck.Bob

Eatonon

if i have my fuel pumps next week tell them to come here..it's an 1/8 mile track..this is where i am going to test in a couple of weeks...pavement track though:) it is very slippery......Bob

How far is Eatonon from Augusta? How you get there?
it's like going to atlanta..the greenboro eatonon exit..it takes me about an hour..probably 2 for u..i will have my fuel pump wednesday and should be done tuning by the end of next week..6 plugs,fuel filter, an oil change and she's ready to race:)..i think the website is www.headhunters.com..check it out..the track is pavement so it is hard to hook but carolina has banned me till i get some safety equipment..Bob

OK, well i went to Jackson last night, had a good time i got four passes in, beat on a mustang, but i really got to work on my 60ft, and 1/8mile time. I didnt want to get towed home so i took a easy on the launch. Think i got to do some thing with the hot wire kit it really causeing problem, getting hot where the fuse go in, maybe cause i take it out when i park my car, seem to fit tight, but get really hot there. As long as i let the car cool, have no problem with fuel.

OK, well i went to Jackson last night, had a good time i got four passes in, beat on a mustang, but i really got to work on my 60ft, and 1/8mile time. I didnt want to get towed home so i took a easy on the launch. Think i got to do some thing with the hot wire kit it really causeing problem, getting hot where the fuse go in, maybe cause i take it out when i park my car, seem to fit tight, but get really hot there. As long as i let the car cool, have no problem with fuel.
what fuel pump do you have in the car? is the wire you have coming from your alternator getting hot? call me if you like..i might can help you out..706 831 3641 leave message if i don't answer
Very Impressive!! :cool:

The Force is Strong with this one!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks..it has took me years to get to this point..many hours in the shop:) i love keeping the fear that these cars are known for...Bob

combo

should have put this in the original post..can't edit it so i will put it here
stock untouched short block..:eek:
ported iron heads with Cometic head gaskets
ported stock intake
stock throttlebody with my mods
ATR roller cam 212/206 with beehive springs
72lb injectors
ME-R with wideband correction
single walbro fuel pump<---------one of their defective pumps:(
dual nozzle Alky Control
TA 4 bolt headers with my 3.5" DP and my single 4" single exhaust
two Hooker maxiflow mufflers
Tial 44mm wastegate
Limit gt70 ptrim turbo
RJC front mount
trans braked th400 with PTC torque converter
stock rear with H&R parts sway bar
Metco upper and lowers
275 60 MT DR
30psi of boost
93/110 mix of fuel
3500lbs
i really want to put this block well into the 9's but i am in the process of building another short block for BG...i am going to run this one till it breaks though:)

Hi Bob, yes i pull the tank, and the wires where melted going into the tank, and they get hot up near the alternator where the fuse go, thought i had it solved. Any way had a bad short in the fuel pump wire, but i found that, any way blew a HG last night, think i had the alky coming on to late, when do you have your alky coming on? What PSI do it need to come on at? I have a Denso Supra Pump, think i need to replace it? I installed the intank harness.

the supra pump should be fine...just put a gauge on it once you are back up and running..make sure you have the right pressure with whatever boost you are running....man head gaskets..that sucks:(...go with cometics and head studs but get the tune right with these head gaskets.spray both sides with copper coat and they will not leak..mine is set like i received it from Alky Control.. comes on around 5lbs...i found that the stock replacement head gaskets don't like big turbos so if you are going to turn it up Cometics are the way to go.hth.Bob

1chance

i just read your sig and i see you have a SMC kit...i would sell it and get an Alky Control kit...i have never had any luck with the SMC kits..just my opinion though. you need the dual nozzle kit with a good wideband...then call me so we can get you tuned:)...........Bob

Hi Bob, i just saw message, anyway i need to update my signiture. Alot have changed on my car, so i will call you asap. Thinking of trying the felpro Z1026 HG, the Z1000 worked great, but i made the mistake of not checking the bore size, and that's why the HG failed. Hope to be up, and running soon, thanks. I like the SMC kit price wise, and it allow me to lean the car a little. This hot wire to the pump is what's kicking my a@#!