new best

Super6

Went to the track thursday night..been trying to get a mustang there that has been talking $hit..as always a no show..anyways i bought some new drag radials 275 60's and wanted to run them to see if they would hook..i had it in my mind the radials would not hook but i was wrong. i left at 5lbs and the car stuck like glue. i let out of the gas after the car left the line and thought, hey man this thing just hooked..i'm not side ways so i got back in it, grabbed second and then drive..i let out at the end so i wouldn't get kicked out for no rollcage. i pull up to the window to get my ticket and i could tell by the look on the dudes face it was my 1st and only pass of the night..too fast..i was like damn:)
60ft 1.677
330ft 4.337
1/8 6.583 at 109.82
1/4 10.164 at 130.61

i am glad i got out of it on the big end because my wideband corrected up all the way..i think my fuelpump(single walbro) is taking a crap..i'm going to put a gauge on it in the next couple of days to confirm..i got no knock though and i am running 30lbs:eek: i am planning on taking it higher for the Reynolds event...Bob

thanks..no video though unless someone else was there taking video..you can search Carolina dragway(house of hook) on youtube and there might be some video of it..

i just went and checked and there is a video but it was the big time grudge races..none of me...

Great Bob, i didnt make it to track this week, that's a heck of a number. Im having problem with the wire's to the fuel pump heating up, i have burnt up one pump, now i seem to figure why it's heating the wire up so much. What type wire's you got going to your pump? Big event was to go down in Statesboro today, but it's rainning in Sardis.

thanks

Great Bob, i didnt make it to track this week, that's a heck of a number. Im having problem with the wire's to the fuel pump heating up, i have burnt up one pump, now i seem to figure why it's heating the wire up so much. What type wire's you got going to your pump? Big event was to go down in Statesboro today, but it's rainning in Sardis.

i wouldn't planing on running that fast on drag radials..i guess you get lucky sometimes:)
i got just the hot wire kit from the alt..like 10 gauge.everything else on my car is stock.racetronics sales the part where it plugs in behind the bumper to the sending unit..might want to try that..i am going to a supra pump and the racetronics harness from the tank to the plug behind the bumper..hope this helps...Bob

hes making a little more than 580 , he said he lifted
looking at his 1/8 mph 109 and his 1/4 130 he did he only picked up 21 , typical would be 27 and should have trapped around 137 if he had the fuel , time for an upgrade
even with the not so stellar 60' thats a 9 sec run
i calc him at just over 700

i would expect your car to 60 somewhere around 1.37 with that power

nice pass Bob

Yeah, only 21mph out the back... Lifted for sure, Sounds like a good pass is on it's way with that combo.

Was this on alky and pump gas? Congrats either way. :biggrin:

Would have been a killer pass with a good 60ft. Maybe a good thing you lifted instead of leaning out. Probably one of the fastest 1/8 mile passes on a single pump. Also, with that high boost, the pump might be deceasing output at 70+ psi.

My car should be back up soon with a new fuel setup to avoid leaning out. Hopefully I can then turn the boost up. I've only been to 22psi so far. :)

For TAI you can get down to 3450 with iron heads, so you got 50lbs to go! I'm around 3650 with Al heads so I got room too with a 3550 limit. My goal is to make next years nationals. If you're on pump gas and alky, you could run some killer times.

Bob ran some killer times this year at BG compared to "most" of the rest of us there for TAI...You guys are going to make me look like I'm in reverse next year.

That's crazy fast on a single 340. 109 in the 8th:cool:

I take it that's not a stock short block?;)

That's crazy fast on a single 340. 109 in the 8th:cool:

I take it that's not a stock short block?;)
bone stock short block:)i know i am crazy

looking at his 1/8 mph 109 and his 1/4 130 he did he only picked up 21 , typical would be 27 and should have trapped around 137 if he had the fuel , time for an upgrade

nice pass Bob
thanks

Was this on alky and pump gas? Congrats either way. :biggrin:

Would have been a killer pass with a good 60ft. Maybe a good thing you lifted instead of leaning out. Probably one of the fastest 1/8 mile passes on a single pump. Also, with that high boost, the pump might be deceasing output at 70+ psi.

My car should be back up soon with a new fuel setup to avoid leaning out. Hopefully I can then turn the boost up. I've only been to 22psi so far. :)

For TAI you can get down to 3450 with iron heads, so you got 50lbs to go! I'm around 3650 with Al heads so I got room too with a 3550 limit. My goal is to make next years nationals. If you're on pump gas and alky, you could run some killer times.
i won't lie it was a mix of 93 and 110 but i have been 30lbs with 93 with no knock. yes it's a good thing i lifted.i just checked my fuel pump pressure and i am getting 55psi at 30lbs of boost..my walbro has taken a dump:eek:..i have a supra pump on order

Bob ran some killer times this year at BG compared to "most" of the rest of us there for TAI...You guys are going to make me look like I'm in reverse next year.
i doubt that..you will get it tuned in and running strong....thanks

nice pass bob

+1