New 87' GN Owner. Been wanting one since 87.

rob j

Hello all, after looking for a long time for the right one, I think I found it. I just picked up this 16k mile 87 GN from a collector in Nevada. Had it transported to it's new home in Miami, FL. The car is all original, including the tires, paint, and interior. It is 100% stock, and I plan on keeping it that way. I graduated HS in 1987, and this was my dream car back then. After 24 years of waiting, I finally picked one up. My goal with this car is to preserve it, and show it from time to time. I'll drive it a bit, but not too much.

Rob.

Hmm, since I'm a new member here, it won't let me post pics yet. Let me get a few posts under my belt, then I'll get some pics up.

congrats on the car man. im 32 and its been my dreamn car since i was 16. and now i own a 85. its my baby, and i love it. it needs alil work but i feel goood know that my hard work is going into it. all my buddys loled at me cuz its my dreamn car. and they said how could a car from the 80s be anything to you. i told them about the car and they dont even know about them. they say there crap. but WE, US on TURBO BUICK no what they are... and thats all that matters.

congrats on the car man. im 32 and its been my dreamn car since i was 16. and now i own a 85. its my baby, and i love it. it needs alil work but i feel goood know that my hard work is going into it. all my buddys loled at me cuz its my dreamn car. and they said how could a car from the 80s be anything to you. i told them about the car and they dont even know about them. they say there crap. but WE, US on TURBO BUICK no what they are... and thats all that matters.

Who cares what other people think. Enjoy your car. That's all that matters.

I'll tell you what though. I took the car to a local car show this past Sat. (The first one I've taken it to so far) People were blown away with the car and it's condition. And to boot, lots of younger kids, teens, seemed to know what it was. I was the only guy with a GN there, and I would hear lots of teens say, "Whoa, a Grand National. Those cars are sick fast" I thought it was neat that these teens knew what the cars were. Let me see if I can post some pics now.

im all for it man. these are the true car ppl out there. but my friends are jokes.

87GNand65Riv004.jpg

87GNand65Riv001.jpg

87GNand65Riv032.jpg

87GNand65Riv021.jpg

87GNand65Riv023.jpg

87GNand65Riv029.jpg

87GNand65Riv024.jpg

87GNand65Riv035.jpg

im all for it man. these are the true car ppl out there. but my friends are jokes.

Don't worry. Not too many of my friends are car guys, and when I told them I got an 87 Buick, they were like, "WHAT????"

Hooray, it let me post pics now.

nice ride man. and yeah this is what happens wen i hang with ricer guys... lol... but godbless your car and congrats enjoy. cuz i know i enjoy mine...

hi, welcome to turbo buick. i can't get over how clean that car looks. i thought my car was clean & this one is a little better. nice find!

Hi Rob,

Congratulations!!
Looks like you snagged an exceptionally clean GN.
Tell us some of the details of how you found it?
From the looks of it, the previous owner out in Nevada was a pure collector?
No signs of sun wear seen anywhere in your pictures.
Hope you will be keeping it under cover and away those blistering Dade Sunbeams!