Need Help

My next guess would be either the coil module or coil pac. I do not know how to test these two parts. Jerryl might know or search on GNTTYPE.ORG. I have good spare parts for both of these as swapping them out will tell you if it is either the coil module or coil pac. Brad

I see you're spending a fair amount of time with the ignition system, but wanted to share what my experience was when I suffered thru the same symptoms years ago.

Found a faulty crankshaft sensor, after my local dealer couldn't seem to find the problem. They kept the car for almost a week, and kept thinking it was the ECM, but could not get it to fail. That was my wake-up call, telling me that the average mechanic dod not knwo what they were working on, regarding these cars.

The coils and all that are not going to know when to fire if they don't get the signal from the crank sensor telling them when to. I don't know if you've checked/changed the crank sensor, when you say a "variety of sensors".

All I know is, it solved my problem. Might be worth a try on yours if you haven't changed it yet. Good Luck!!!

my dad checked the cam sensor tool, i know we replaced it about a year ago. the problem seems to happen when the engine gets hot so thats why we think it's the module getting to warm or something like that.

The Cam sensor is different than the Crankshaft sensor. I know, so many sensors. . . . LOL!

There's some steps in the hot-air stick at the top of the page, to verify voltages at the various sensors. My stalling was the same way, most always while driving and up to temp. I had the occasional no-start as well, though.

ok so i think we got it fixed. bought another module and the car has run fine for a while now. i guess the other two modules i had are just burnt up. is there any way the conversion to the 87 module burning up my modules? because if there is i'd like to find out how to fix it so i can stop wasting money buying these new modules. if anyone knows of a problem with the conversion from 84-87 coil and module and a solution please help if you can. and by the way, how long should a module last in these car with the conversion because i've been through two now in the past two years.
I'd like to thank everybody who replied to my message, all the help is greatly appreciated. again, thank you very much.