Name that turbo.

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
A few weeks I went to see a new local TB owner. He has a very nice '87 Turbo T he purchased from out of province. He would like to get an upgraded chip (has a KB in it now) but isn't sure of the size of his turbo. I didn't recognize it but considering the car was "built" in '93 and has a lot of Kenne Bell stuff on it I figured it was likely one of theirs. At any rate, if anyone could identify it and suggest a similar current type (TE44, etc.) it would really help this fellow out. Thanks for any assistance and no comment on the DP...he's on that. ;)

Mystery turbo.

Will do Dave. I thought that side was kinda lacking when he sent me the pics. ;) I'm sure he will follow this thread and send me the appropriate pictures to host. Thanks for your help.

Looks like a TE-44. Thats a garrett .63 turbine housing and the compressor side looks like a T04 and that =TE-44 unless someone has machined trhe comp housing fore a 60-1 wheel and then it's a TE-60

It could be anything. A TE44 would be most likely, but it could be a something huge, too.