My Turbo 6.0 LY6 4l80e build

I like the fact that you are using some newer equipment in this car. Like the eboost2 and the E85 analyzer. It seems like a lot of V6 guys are afraid to take hold of some of the recent tech out there.

Keep it up. Nice work.

Thanks for the comments!! I was doing some test hits with the new H&R bar and seems the trans is slipping a bit. Trans fluid has a bit of burnt smell (smells like burnt electronics). I'm going to have to go with a Jake's performance 4l80e, seems like the power is passed the limits of the stock trans. Bummer... I wanted to get one more go at the track with the stock unit.

I'm digging that eboost2. May have to look into that. Looks to be very functional. Costs a bit but with solenoid a and all I can see the cost is justified.

Yeah the Eboost2 is really easy to use. Once you get a hang of the programming part it's just a couple of button pushes to really get yourself in trouble!

I just Ordered a Jake's Performance Stage 3 with D3 trans brake. I did a lot of research on LS1tech and he had really good feedback and seems to be a expert on the 4l80e.... pretty excited about the new trans!

I just picked up an LY6 for my project and I am really considering going turbo. Few questions for you.

Did you delete the VVT?
How is the lag in normal driving conditions with that turbo? Any regrets with the size you chose?
Did you do anything to the shortblock?
Who built your engine harness?

I just picked up an LY6 for my project and I am really considering going turbo. Few questions for you.

Did you delete the VVT?
How is the lag in normal driving conditions with that turbo? Any regrets with the size you chose?
Did you do anything to the shortblock?
Who built your engine harness?

Yes all you need is LS2 timing cover, LS2 chain, and LS2 upper 3 bolt sprocket. Then you will need a regular LS 3 bolt cam. ( I ran a decent size turbo cam ) Done.
No lag.. boost is almost instant. 7675 precision
Don't do anything to the short block. It has the LS3 rotating assembly stock. Mine had 60k
I put LS9 head gaskets and LS3 intake valves and left the stock exhaust valves, with arp hardware ( this is not necessary ) but gave me piece of mind.
PSIconversion.com for harness.

Last edited:
I can barely see the short time on your slip, it looks like a 1.36?? That's impressive if it is, the video looks like it's leaving pretty soft, no drama at all. How much boost are you leaving on?

I used an E-boost 2 in my Turbo Mustang. It was a real effective little piece. Drive around every day at 12 psi. Hit the highway and switch over to 21 psi in 1 button push. Get to the track and back to 12psi. Make a Pass and push the button for 21 PSI.

I can barely see the short time on your slip, it looks like a 1.36?? That's impressive if it is, the video looks like it's leaving pretty soft, no drama at all. How much boost are you leaving on?
It's actually 1.56. Ive only took her twice and had the 2 step on the brake pedal switch, but it was lagging off the line. Was leaving at 2800 rpm on 4-5lbs.

I used an E-boost 2 in my Turbo Mustang. It was a real effective little piece. Drive around every day at 12 psi. Hit the highway and switch over to 21 psi in 1 button push. Get to the track and back to 12psi. Make a Pass and push the button for 21 PSI.
Yeah.. it can do a lot. The instruction book has like 100 pages...lol. I only leave it at 13lbs for now.

Beautiful build and its got a lot left in it. I come back to this thread all the time for inspiration.

WOW what an amazing build beautiful clean clean looking car.. just came across the thread and damn looks sinister.. great build congrats

Would you mind sharing what coolers (oil, tranny) you used? They look nice!

Have you had some street time with it? How is the intercooler working? Thanks

Would you mind sharing what coolers (oil, tranny) you used? They look nice!

Have you had some street time with it? How is the intercooler working? Thanks
To be honest the trans and oil cooler are from ebay also. I used 6an for the transmission and 8an for the oil cooler. the intercooler seems to be working great as my IATs were pretty low when i was driving here to a couple shows.

Just got a connect on these intakes and will be doing the 102mm DBW and this intake.
20150108_171642.jpg

couple pics to get my spirits up... Jakes Performance 4l80e should be on it's way at anytime.

10625059_10201860977405404_4226101723106970969_n.jpg
1391989_10201860977605409_8183001265253683947_n.jpg

some late night action!!
1962872_873401489345308_977145027878862049_n.jpg

Looks fantastic! Sorry for all of the questions. What lights did you use in the bumpers? Stock clear? Really love the front bumper where the hole is cut.