My new 94 Zr1 sold the Gn to get it.

BBBAD86GN

Well here is what I sold the Gn for. The wait was long but worth it.
1994 Zr1 11k miles 405hp.
I will be putting the smackdown on unsuspecting victims.

Ray : :cool:

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 630
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 528
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 511
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 478
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 490
zr1

I do agree it was a great car however the gn is like driving a flintstones car
to the way this car performs. Night and day. It will do 120 in third at 5700rpm.
Maybe one day I will get another gn. The zr1 is a much better investment.
Only 446 made in 94. :cool:
Ray

I know first hand about the comparison...........I think the Zr1 has a few more years before the upswing in value....

Love them 7,000 rpm shifts :)

a few forms corvetteforum.com (the zr1 side and northeast forums) and zr1.net

I am out side of phila

enjoy the ZR1...

91 # 1627 ZR1: MINE
87 GN HARD TOP LATE BUILD: HERS

63 IMPALA CONV NEEDS RESTRO

BBBAD86GN said:
I do agree it was a great car however the gn is like driving a flintstones car
to the way this car performs. Night and day. It will do 120 in third at 5700rpm.
Maybe one day I will get another gn. The zr1 is a much better investment.
Ray
So how much did you "invest"? I have seen a couple of these over the years sell pretty cheap. Maybe they are a good choice for an investment. The low production and high cost when new put the damper on them. Might be a good time to buy a couple for myself. Nice car.

BBBAD86GN said:
I paid north of 40 considering the car new was 70k plus.
RAY

Yea, the ZR-1's were expensive new.

I have owned 6 C4'S including 3 ZR-1's in my lifetime.

And If I had cash sitting around, I would invest in a ridiculiously low mile GNX and 95 ZR-1.

IMO, The ZR-1's SOMEDAY will be 6 figure cars... Its just that most people cannot afford to just store them untill they get to that point.

Some do, I have a friend who has a 95 yellow/black ZR-1 with 250 miles on it. He has already gotten offers well into the 70's.. But he will not sell.

I owned a 95,94, and a 91 ZR1 all of them ripped.... You are right. My GN pulls pretty hard.

But nothing in comarison with that ZR-1.

I have been saying it for years, That LT-5 was the meanest engine GM ever produced. With the 4 overhead cams and how they teamed up with Lotus to design it. Never will the ZR-1 be duplicated in history IMO... I am sure in the future GM will make an attempt and bring back the ZR-1 name, But it will not be the same.

just as good if not better investment than the GN IMO.

I think that the world has forgotten about the ZR1. You best go make those that don't remember, never forget.

Nick

I worked for a Chevy dealership when those things were new.

All I can say is, the backend was always trying to pass the front end. :D

Those suckers are a handfull when the back tires are lit. ;)

BBBAD86GN said:
. The zr1 is a much better investment.
Ray
Not to be argumentitive, but **in MY recent experiences**, I disagree on the investment in a ZR1 being more solid than a GN, especially having/selling both.
My Smoke Gray '90 w/ 2,000 miles, and all orig is not getting $30,000. However, any GN w/ 2,000 orig miles is over thier orig sticker cost now. I sold my 950 mile GN recently for $33,500. (Near double sticker price new) Unless you bought the ZR1 real cheap, like low $20,000s, you may never make a dime from my first hand experience w/ both. If you did get it cheap, you stand to make $ for sure, but we all know we buy to drive first, profit is just a nice addition when possible.

Regardless, great buy for the sake of fast, fun, and a piece of American muscle history....and the nickel test still works on mine too.

Zr1 Vs Gn

I agree the Gn's are selling at a high, they just turned 20 to 21 years old, they will go up even more at 25 years old :rolleyes: . The Zr1 is the same thing only less production numbers 94-95 90-92 was a higher production number and a 375 hp motor with a 2 bolt main as you know. When they hit 20 to 25 years old they will be fetching 50 to 100k. Of course stock low mile cars. The zr1 has an incredible history. If you have time read the book Heart of the beast. I will get another Gn one day. I was a bad ass car. I miss it.
I have to say it was like getting a divorce selling it. Look at the 53 vette one sold on Barrett jackson for 1 million :eek: . The hemi cudas are the same deal some fetching 3 million/71 rag top with all the goodies :eek: . Dont appeal to me. Well lets face it a car is only worth someone is willing to pay.
Cheers ;)

Ray

Yup,

The ZR1's will be up there in the future.

I like the saying "you never over pay, you just buy to early"

Sleeper Huh!

Ssmnt408 said:
sleeper........vette............. no such thing. :)
Exactly, No such thing as sleeper vette, Yours is real nice, but I look for vettes to get it on with. I want a Z06 one day and I will get one, yours is real nice and good luck trying to be a sleeper. :cool:

C4's are sleeper Corvettes, compared to C5s and C6s. Most people shrug them off because you don't expect the car to be packing an LT4 or ZR1 powerplant. I think LT1, TPI, and Crossfire when I see a C4, unless it's a collectors edition, Grand Sport, or ZR1 badging (all of which are easy to spot to corvette guys, but not so easy to most others).

Nick

Just My Opinion

No Corvettes are sleepers, they are American Pride and Muscle. No Sleepers, just my Opinion and Im sure many others.