My new 87 Limited T

88ZNX

Let loose the Boost!!
Hey guys, I bought a 96 Honda Accord EX that was hail damaged, repaired it, and cleaned it up really nice as a daily driver while restoring my 87 GN. While driving through town, I noticed a 87 regal on a buy here/pay here car lot. I stopped in and it was the real deal. 57k original miles, factory color, leather seats, half console, roll up windows! shift on the column. I asked to drive it, he said sure, we take a spin and wow! its an easy 12.60 car. Has a stock Turbo with a TH 3" DP, a Percision 93 Chip, converter and a few more goodies. I asked to trade cars, he looked at me like :confused: are you sure?! Guess what! I was sure. NOW I dont have to worry about " Man I wish I was in my Buick " when I'm at a light next to a Mustang/Camaro. I like this daily driver alot better. Where can I check to see how rare the car is? I know there were not too many Gold Limiteds. Oh yeah, price? $5000

Jason

Attachments

• my t-type.jpg
    my t-type.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,181
dammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammit! ---- I wanted to have the only "gold" limited on this board... :D j/k Beautiful car - reminds of one i see around here all the time ;) I'm glad you're down south. You got a heck of a deal too. Prices on limiteds have gone up... you could probably double what you spent if you wanted to.

ps at least i got cornering lights :tongue: - im jus playing

hahaa I hear ya, I didnt even notice about the cornering lights! Man I hope to run a good solid 11 with this one too!

Jason

88ZNX said:
Hey guys, I bought a 96 Honda Accord EX that was hail damaged, repaired it, and cleaned it up really nice as a daily driver while restoring my 87 GN. While driving through town, I noticed a 87 regal on a buy here/pay here car lot. I stopped in and it was the real deal. 57k original miles, factory color, leather seats, half console, roll up windows! shift on the column. I asked to drive it, he said sure, we take a spin and wow! its an easy 12.60 car. Has a stock Turbo with a TH 3" DP, a Percision 93 Chip, converter and a few more goodies. I asked to trade cars, he looked at me like :confused: are you sure?! Guess what! I was sure. NOW I dont have to worry about " Man I wish I was in my Buick " when I'm at a light next to a Mustang/Camaro. I like this daily driver alot better. Where can I check to see how rare the car is? I know there were not too many Gold Limiteds. Oh yeah, price? $5000

Jason

Did you where a MASK when you bought it? Cause you STOLE it!
NICE CAR!! Love the GN rims on a T......classy!!!!!!

Purchase

Dude,

I thought I stole my 87 white T with 59,000 miles for $9500. You are a lucky guy........ The lot owner never did his home work.

I guess not! I found out the history of the car, I took it to the local Buick dealership to get a state inspection on it, and 3 guys walked over and said " Hey we know this car " Turns out, It was purchased from the original owner in PA off of Ebay, and brought to Mississippi. it changed hands 3 times, and all of the owners always had it garaged and never drove it. I was told the engine was gone through just to freshen up, and it had the THDP and a Percision Converter which is Pink :confused: not sure what size, and a street and race chip for it. The 3rd owner let it sit outside, which faded the paint just slightly. He never had time for it and put it on the lot as a consignment car. I'm telling you, the doors open and shut like a dream. car rides like new. I am going to paint it back the original color and NOT drive it as much as possible...yeah right ;) I'm tryin to get my GN back going to have something to wromp on.

This is my GN. I bought it from my friend that lost interest in it after a night of drinking and driving and the car ends up in a ditch. He messed up the passenger side wheels, brakes, and suspension, but all is back to normal. I'm waiting on a few things from Ebay like door moldings, weather striping, hinge repair kits, strikers, ect. trying to get the car back as nice as possible. Then off to get it repainted.

Attachments

• my GN.jpg
    my GN.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 996
Royal-T-Ltd said:
dammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammit! ---- I wanted to have the only "gold" limited on this board... :D j/k Beautiful car - reminds of one i see around here all the time ;) I'm glad you're down south. You got a heck of a deal too. Prices on limiteds have gone up... you could probably double what you spent if you wanted to.

ps at least i got cornering lights :tongue: - im jus playing

Yeah, now that my gold '87 Limited is mostly just a stripped shell, you can scratch another one off the "still in existence" list... Will probably go to the scrapyard in the next week or so once I get the last parts I want out of it. These things do look good in gold! (and black of course!)

Hey Jason,

I looked at your car a couple of years ago before I bought mine. It was in Brandon and the owner wanted $10,000. Sounds like you did get a good deal!

If you make it to Jackson let me know, there are a few TR guys here in town. My car club, Mississippi Classic Cruisers, is having an open car show in Jackson at Smith Wills Stadium on May 27. Hope you can make it. Here is the link to our webiste: http://msclassiccruisers.com

Also, attached is a shot of my car.

Sam Williford

Attachments

• Buick.01.jpg
    Buick.01.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 791
Hey Sam! Thank for the pic, that is one clean T!! Some of the guys I know from Jackson is Jeff from Jackson Cylinder head service, Bubba at Dixie Hydrualic which use to own my car, and Todd Wynne which owned it also! I think I am the 4th owner. I'm working out of state for a while, I hope I get to attend in May, We'll see you there.

Jason

Hey It was good meeting you guys [Jason@Alan] yesterday. I told my buddy Greg, and he said he might cruise out and say hello. So if you see a silver limited thats him. Keep in touch and maybe we can go to the local track. Later Bob.

Jason,

Yes, I know all those guys. Geoff Burroughs at Jackson Cylinder Head has done some work for me on my Buick - Great guy! I know Bubba - also a great guy. He has some really clean cars! I met Todd Wynne once when I was looking to purchase my Buick. His Dad's silver T is really nice, but was out of my price range. Glad the gold car has gone to a good home. I was beginning to worry what would happen to it, especially considering its rarity.

Hope you can make it to the May show in Jackson. I should either have the Buick there or the GTO. If you are going to Bowling Green next month, let me know. I think Geoff Burroughs is going also.

Sam

Thanks!

Hey Bob! Man it was great to meet you too! Your car has got to be one of the cleanest we've seen yet! and gets 1st place Sleeper award!! :D I think we will be at ABRA for another week or so, afterwards we may head out by the airport area, it was hit and alot of rentals were damaged. I hope we get to hang out again soon before we leave.

Hey Sam! Yeah you bet those guys are #1. I was trying to buy Jeff's baby blue T-type last year but ran a little short of what his final price was. That car was is really nice! I heard he put everything from that car into a 80's Malibu!! should be a screamer. I'm sure we will be at Bowling Green, Alan wants to debut the Camaro there if he can get the FAST system on it and tuned. Never the less, we will be there!

Jason

New Pics of the T!

A/C blows ice cold, no wind noise, rides like a Buick! I have a TE.60, 50lb injectors, and a ATR FMIC ready to go on when I get home this fall. Try to get some good 11.50's and keep it streetable. I believe the new GM "Sand Stone" gold color would look pretty sweet and more up to date.

Jason

Attachments

• Jas 031.jpg
    Jas 031.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 287
  • Jas 033.jpg
    Jas 033.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 238
  • Jas 034.jpg
    Jas 034.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 230
  • Jas 035.jpg
    Jas 035.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 239
  • Jas 036.jpg
    Jas 036.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 249
I actually worked on that car. That used to be one of Todd Wynne's many turbo Buicks. He had almost 15 total at one time. I helped build the tranny and engine in that car so we could go to the Nats when it was held in Columbus, OH back in 99. We totally rebuilt that car and finished it the night before we left. We drove all night to get there, ran 12.60 all day in the 95+ heat and drove it all the way back. It was a sweet car back then. I'm sure it still is today. Last I heard, that car was sitting at a church in Brandon for years..Glad someone got it and will take care of it. Good Luck.

Hey Jason! Whats up man, Im Kristian Pierce's neighbor in Brandon! He says tell you hey! Fellow name Curtis Carter was the last owner, a pastor at that church where it was at. Its still in excellent shape, but is faded a bit. Car runs great, but has some tranny issues at the moment, seem the torque converter lock up switch is bad. It wont come out of lock up at times. I bought a new switch and hope that helps it out. The guys at Fowler Buick know the car well too. They all came out and was glad to see someone get it that knows whats up. Bubba told me that was one car he should have kept. So whats going on with you these days?

Jason