My first Chevy twin turbo

You will NOT be disappointed with this car and it's performance. Turn the wick up:wink: I knew the previous owner and have seen it run, scary fast! Congrats on the purchase from Pat:cool: Have fun with it...Be safe:wink:
Congratulations & I too knew the previous owner of that car.It was more that he was capable of handling & could never understand why he had it built. As I remember it needed some detail work but for the most part was all there. The motec is a good system a little hard to understand & not as plentiful because of cost. ButThe programming was set up on a dyno by Duttwieler & should be close.The logging feature was extra & I would hope that yours has it. I believe that Chris chow is using the same combination & no one can dispute how well he gets down the track. Might be helpful to give him a call & exchange some ideas. Good luck with it.

That is one sick ride Mike! After seeing it in person I realize what you have been talking about. Best of luck and I can't wait till we bring her out to the track in the spring.
Ed

Motec, expensive & worth it

I must say that the setup is well built and knowing the builders work i'd say that the Motec being utilized is the Highest quality unit available, just costly yet the Best in the busniness. Motec is as good as it gets, period, just not all that common. If you opt out for a FAST XFi system i'm sure Duttweiler had those thoughts but chose Motec for a reason, yet i'm sure you'll get the money for the XFi system for that Motec, there's a reason for that value.

I'm sure you could find a shop that is Motec savy and get up to date with Motec and it's capabilities, i'm sure you'll like it.

I'd love to see some video of a full tilt run, its has to run straight and true.

I remember seeing this car at Pat's house in San Diego years ago..it was a birthday party if I remember correctly. He started it up in the driveway and we all stood around and listened to it idle. :)

Duttweiler was using Motec in all of his serious builds at that time, he had Motec in his personal car, and this was before FAST (or even SEFI8LO).

Cool car and I wish you luck with it!

Just picked up this car. It definitely needs some work, no doubt there, but the price was right. I'll be sure to post some extensive before and after shots of it. I have big plans for this car. ;)

Any pics or info on the turbo manifolds/headers....would love more info...

Dennis :smile:

whats the plan for the car? sounds like a great 10.5 outlaw car!

Twin GT47-80's, change all the plumbing, fuel system, clean up the interior, paint the car, and basically make it look like a show car that runs 7's with a license plate on it. BTW, I'm going to need to get with you on a tranny for one of my other cars here very soon.

I have a full Wolfe Rear Suspension in my garage that has your name on it.
Let me know where to ship it!

Twin GT47-80's, change all the plumbing, fuel system, clean up the interior, paint the car, and basically make it look like a show car that runs 7's with a license plate on it. BTW, I'm going to need to get with you on a tranny for one of my other cars here very soon.
call anytime.

does it still have the motec? m48? also did it get one of dusty's PTC converters?

call anytime.

does it still have the motec? m48? also did it get one of dusty's PTC converters?

Thank you sir. :) As for the Motec, the car is untouched at the moment from the way it was built. We are compiling a list of things to do and then will get started. Mikey will tune the Motec so I need to ask him about that unit.

john what kit is it?

Len,

-Double Adjustable Uppers
-Single Adjustable Lowers
-Spherical Bushings
-Single Sway Bar

-This is basically what Dusty uses to run 7s.

If you want it, it is yours.

Len,

-Double Adjustable Uppers
-Single Adjustable Lowers
-Spherical Bushings
-Single Sway Bar

-This is basically what Dusty uses to run 7s.

If you want it, it is yours.
how about a trade for trans work if this gentelman does not want it as you offered to him first john.

Thank you sir. :) As for the Motec, the car is untouched at the moment from the way it was built. We are compiling a list of things to do and then will get started. Mikey will tune the Motec so I need to ask him about that unit.
i dont think i know who mikey is? we upgraded to the m600. so i have my old ladtop and cables to get into the m48 if need be. im not a tuner but know my way around the box alittle. just enought to get in trouble! lol

Len,

They are yours, should ship I them to your business address?