My first Chevy twin turbo

TURBOGTA1

Life is Sweet !!!
Duttweiler built 388 cu Bowtie block with twin 66 B.B turbo's in a 86 GN. This drivetrain is sick!!!! My (street car) GN I built from the short block up recently layed down a 10.53 pass at almost 130 mph with a 1.65 60' :eek: with a lot more in her, I cant even begin to compare the power of the new ride to her!!! This drivetrain is 100% solid with very low use, just needs some engine detailing from sitting around. Some rear susp. mods, and needs to be painted. Original paint, rust-free car with the usual checking, cracked fillers and window/door strips. (will keep me busy this winter)
I cant believe the room under the hood, like this twin turbo Chevy set-up was made for this car!!!! Easier to work on then my 6cyl GN with a/c:) Lotta going over, and little things, but man this is going to be a sick ride.
Need to do some research on the Motec ECU it currently has, that I might swap out for an XFI. The converter is an Art Carr, that might also get swapped out for one of Dusty's killer converters.

Attachments

• twin turbo v8.jpg
    twin turbo v8.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 2,224
Nice ride.....Love the turbo V8's. I still laugh at the feeling I got the first time I went WOT on my V8 car after being used to a 10.50 car.

Get some data from that converter when you get to the track. I do more turbo V8 converters than the V6 stuff so we have a converter for you if you need one.

:eek: Wow that is an awesome setup, I can only imagine the power that thing puts out.

Heres a few previous pictures.

Attachments

• GN V8 TWIN 6.jpg
    GN V8 TWIN 6.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,180
  • GN V8 TWIN 3.jpg
    GN V8 TWIN 3.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 2,182
I am glad it got back to you in one piece.
Welcome to the revolution!

Keep the pictures coming. That thing must spool up nice. Should be a true sleeper on the street. What kinda tranny ru using?

Dusty, you better believe, I would not consider any other converter but yours!! Your converter in the 6 cyl car now is rocking!!!! I should have her ready to make a few passes by the time the weather breaks, to get some numbers!!!

Thanks John, it took longer than promised!! But it's here. And revolution aint the word John!!!! Man this thing has sick power. I do have my work cut out for me, but this is an awsome start, and nothing I cant handle.

The transmission is a 400 with a brake, and a Ford 9" at the back.

Attachments

• 86 twin turbo 3.jpg
    86 twin turbo 3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 2,095
  • IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2,116
  • GN V8 TWIN 5.jpg
    GN V8 TWIN 5.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2,109
Dusty, you better believe, I would not consider any other converter but yours!! Your converter in the 6 cyl car now is rocking!!!! I should have her ready to make a few passes by the time the weather breaks, to get some numbers!!!

I see winter has pretty much set in up your way. I'll be glad to see how it turns out once you make it to the track. And your gonna enjoy the hell out of the V8 car.

You will NOT be disappointed with this car and it's performance. Turn the wick up:wink: I knew the previous owner and have seen it run, scary fast! Congrats on the purchase from Pat:cool: Have fun with it...Be safe:wink:

You will NOT be disappointed with this car and it's performance. Turn the wick up:wink: I knew the previous owner and have seen it run, scary fast! Congrats on the purchase from Pat:cool: Have fun with it...Be safe:wink:

Thanks Ray. Looking foward to it this Spring.