Mustangs vs The World V

Weather appears to be good to go for tomorrow...its not expected to rain til Sunday.

I think Victor is gonna run the Benz in the 7 second Street class. Should be another fun event, see you guys tomorrow!

See you there man. I'm probably going to get there around 6:30-7:00 I want a free shirt! The first 25 people will get one.

Weather appears to be good to go for tomorrow...its not expected to rain til Sunday.

I think Victor is gonna run the Benz in the 7 second Street class. Should be another fun event, see you guys tomorrow!

No dice bro! The GN is calling in sicko. Found the exhaust leak and a few other issues yesterday. Got most of them fixed but still got to fix alky issue.

Mary will be there to race. She is taking the S65 to represent. I'll be watching.

It was a very nice day overall. Rodney and I took home two of the trophies in the 7.0 class.

1st place - Blown 2011-2012 Boss 302 Mustang. Very nice, very powerful and very consistent.
2nd place - Rodney87GN
3rd place - Yours truly. Ran 7.102, 7.120 and a 7.342 all at 99mph+ best 60ft 1.789

Ray

Yeah great day overall. Those new 5.0s with a blower are beasts, I'm really impressed with them! I'm glad the Mustang camp finally brought some good competition for us. Now what am I gonna do with two 2nd place trophies? :D Too bad they didn't use my times from earlier in the day...I ran a 7.0 and two 6.9s. For the actual time trials I ran two 7.1s and a 7.2.

Mary's first race against the Blue Mustang

Marys rematch against the Blue Mustang (also, hey Personal Best so far)

Yeah great day overall. Those new 5.0s with a blower are beasts, I'm really impressed with them! I'm glad the Mustang camp finally brought some good competition for us. Now what am I gonna do with two 2nd place trophies? :D Too bad they didn't use my times from earlier in the day...I ran a 7.0 and two 6.9s. For the actual time trials I ran two 7.1s and a 7.2.

I watched your GN make some nice passes and I feel bad that I didn't come over to say hello.
I love those Buicks.
Both your car and you buds GN ran strong all day.
The S65 is a real beast. Was it stock?
I talked to the girl driver after her second pass, she said the car
spun hard on her 2nd run. I told her to spin the tires harder until the car starts to bog down a little.
On her next pass, she ran in the 7.40's and then I watched the car go 7.28. That's amazing for such a big car.
I was driving the 2008 White corvette [ lic plate HP JNKEY ].
I only had 2 good runs out of 5, I couldn't hook the thing up. Either the tires weren't hot enough or maybe they were
too hot, if there is such a thing.
Next time you guys are out there, I'll say hi.
I have a friend from Canada who has 4 or 5 GN's and I think he just bought a 1500HP GN from someone in Riverside.

I watched your GN make some nice passes and I feel bad that I didn't come over to say hello.

No worries man... I know it was a busy day trying to keep track of who's running while worrying about your own car. There were a few guys I wanted to talk to but didn't get a chance to. I remember seeing your car run a few times and its a strong runner too!

The S65 was a hit with everyone, even the track announcer. Nothing like a 5500 lb 4 door sedan giving hell to all but the quickest Mustangs there! I'm pretty sure its all stock except a tune. Victor (my1stgn), the guy who posted the videos above, owns that Benz....well, his wife does I mean.:D

No worries man... I know it was a busy day trying to keep track of who's running while worrying about your own car. There were a few guys I wanted to talk to but didn't get a chance to. I remember seeing your car run a few times and its a strong runner too!

The S65 was a hit with everyone, even the track announcer. Nothing like a 5500 lb 4 door sedan giving hell to all but the quickest Mustangs there! I'm pretty sure its all stock except a tune. Victor (my1stgn), the guy who posted the videos above, owns that Benz....well, his wife does I mean.:D

Ya, that Benz is putting alot of hp to the ground. Amazing.
Your GN's are bad ass.
The vette runs good for what it is, stock LS3 with headers and a 3600 Yank converter, cold air and a tune.
It makes 400rwhp and has run 7.35 @ 96.4 at Barona. Any faster and I would need a bar but I don't wanna go there.
I'll definately come over next time and you can show me your setup.

The Benz so far has a ECU tune, TCM tune, K&N Drop-in Air Filters and the Mickey Thompson Tires. We ran it on a 50/50 mix of 91 octane and 110 octane. Other than that everything is stock on that beast! I was also impressed as the wife was running it hard and fast! I dont think I could have done much better if I drove it. Also, we have done no weight reduction at all so its still tipping the scales at over 5500lbs. The only thing that was out was the spare tire and thats because I needed room to put the MT Street tires in the trunk.

Welcome aboard. It was great watching your car put down some great ET's on Saturday. Especially considering the MODS you have. Those were some very respectable numbers for a street car. It kind of funny, you and I have raced each other a couple of times over the last year. I commented to Rodney about your car while in the staging lanes on Saturday. I said I think this his licenses plate says "HP JNKY" I had to go look and sure enough it was you... I remember fast cars. :)

Yeah, that Benz is so badass! :cool:

Welcome aboard. It was great watching your car put down some great ET's on Saturday. Especially considering the MODS you have. Those were some very respectable numbers for a street car. It kind of funny, you and I have raced each other a couple of times over the last year. I commented to Rodney about your car while in the staging lanes on Saturday. I said I think this his licenses plate says "HP JNKY" I had to go look and sure enough it was you... I remember fast cars. :)

Yeah, that Benz is so badass! :cool:
RB, hey, thanks. The vette runs good for an auto tranny almost stock LS3. I was thinking of doing a blower or H/C but then, if I wanna drag race the car, I would require a roll bar and I just don't want to cut up the car like that. It's good enough the way it is. The converter really helped lower my ET. I went from running 8.0 to 7.40's and my mph went from 90-91 to 95-96.
I've been snooping around for a nice clean 87 GN and I almost bought one at Barrett Jackson last January. Problem for me is that I don't have room to park it and I don't want to leave another car outside. Maybe I'll win the lottery tonight and then my problem will be solved.
How often do you go to Barona?
I come out a few times a year.
I'll definate stop by and say hello next time I'm there.

RB, hey, thanks. The vette runs good for an auto tranny almost stock LS3. I was thinking of doing a blower or H/C but then, if I wanna drag race the car, I would require a roll bar and I just don't want to cut up the car like that. It's good enough the way it is. The converter really helped lower my ET. I went from running 8.0 to 7.40's and my mph went from 90-91 to 95-96.
I've been snooping around for a nice clean 87 GN and I almost bought one at Barrett Jackson last January. Problem for me is that I don't have room to park it and I don't want to leave another car outside. Maybe I'll win the lottery tonight and then my problem will be solved.
How often do you go to Barona?
I come out a few times a year.
I'll definate stop by and say hello next time I'm there.

Funny seeing you on here! I met you a while back when I had the black CTS-V out there and was going to do some camera work for someone. Talked to you for quite a while; great looking Vette there, and it scoots! You now have a username on Turbobuick.com, so the rule is you now have to buy one. ;)

Take care, hope to see you out there again sometime.

James

hp jnkey said:
The vette runs good for what it is, stock LS3 with headers and a 3600 Yank converter, cold air and a tune.
It makes 400rwhp and has run 7.35 @ 96.4 at Barona.

I agree with Ray, that is pretty damn good considering the minimal mods! Those LS3 motors are awesome! That's just as quick as some 03-04 Cobras I've seen with bolt ons.