Mustangs vs The World V

Rodney87GN

A little reminder for those that don't know....Mustangs vs The World V is on March 24th at Barona.

Come on down and help represent the turbo Buicks again! Last year Raymond Bunch and I took 1st and 2nd respectively in the 7.0 True Street class.:D I plan on running in the 7.0 Street class again, just getting a couple more things done on my car.

The event is organized by the Wickedstangs car club...it's a fun event and they're a good group of folks. I expect they will bring in some heavy hitters this time, I hope....should make for some good racing.:D

More info and rules...
Mustangs vs The World - MVTW NEWS

I'm hoping to attend again this year...:)

As of now it's pending due to possibly having to go to Yuma Arizona for training support. :mad: In the mean time, I'll be getting the car ready with a few changes. I hear the Mustang heavy hitters in the true street class will be there this year. Gotta be ready just incase I can make it.

Who else plans on making this?

Just take some leave so you won't have to go to Yuma.;)

Yeah I hope there will be some 03-04 Cobras, Shelbys or the new 5.0s this time....I enjoy a good challenge.:D

Yeah, I wish it were that easy. As you already know mission and training support will always prevail over taking leave. Especially for those with pertinant qualifications such as CDI/CDQAR. The line number actually calls for an E-6/SSgt to go, but no one jump on it at the time. A few weeks ago I actually voluenteered to go again since I've done it a couple times already. We'll see.... Hopefully a motivated hardcharging Staff Sergeant will bite the bullet and go....lol

The 03-04 Cobras are by far my favorite Mustangs. It would be nice to see some show up this year. There's a white convertable one that goes to Qualcom that is quite fast. The guy knows how to drive it and isn't scared to break something that's for sure. I believe he runs 7.30-7.50's easing it out of the hole...

Should be funner this year that for sure....

Here's a picture I found last nigh that was just posted on Mustang Versus The World Site. The Guy getting out of the car I belive is the Owner of the site. Someone is watching you Don;)

Attachments

• MVTW DONNIE WANG.jpg
    MVTW DONNIE WANG.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 76
Yeah, I wish it were that easy. As you already know mission and training support will always prevail over taking leave. Especially for those with pertinant qualifications such as CDI/CDQAR. The line number actually calls for an E-6/SSgt to go, but no one jump on it at the time. A few weeks ago I actually voluenteered to go again since I've done it a couple times already. We'll see.... Hopefully a motivated hardcharging Staff Sergeant will bite the bullet and go....lol

The 03-04 Cobras are by far my favorite Mustangs. It would be nice to see some show up this year. There's a white convertable one that goes to Qualcom that is quite fast. The guy knows how to drive it and isn't scared to break something that's for sure. I believe he runs 7.30-7.50's easing it out of the hole...

Should be funner this year that for sure....

I've seen that white Cobra vert at the Q and its quick for sure...he does drive the piss out of it.

My brother is trying to get his coworker to enter his 04 Cobra next month...apparently he thinks it's "the shit" and claims he's never lost a race on the highway. But he's never raced on a drag strip before.:rolleyes: Yeah this guy is a total douche, I hope he shows up. To be honest I really wouldn't care if I lost to every single Mustang there, I just wanna destroy this particular guy LOL!

But anyways, I hope you'll be able to make it...

I've seen that white Cobra vert at the Q and its quick for sure...he does drive the piss out of it.

My brother is trying to get his coworker to enter his 04 Cobra next month...apparently he thinks it's "the shit" and claims he's never lost a race on the highway. But he's never raced on a drag strip before.:rolleyes: Yeah this guy is a total douche, I hope he shows up. To be honest I really wouldn't care if I lost to every single Mustang there, I just wanna destroy this particular guy LOL!

But anyways, I hope you'll be able to make it...

Sounds good. If he does come, I'd like to get a piece of that snake too..... Good news as of today. I should be able to make it if all goes the way I want it too. I'll keep you in the loop.....;)

Hmmmm.... I know the new car won't be done, but if the 85 is still here maybe I can make it out. Maybe I can change the old plugs and oil and give it a better shot. ;)

Got the Eastern front mount in there now too... Hmmm....

3 weeks;)

Rodney - I talked to the guy with the white convertable Cobra last night, at RaceLegal. He's an older gentleman that lives in Carlsbad. Pretty cool fella. His car is making 650+ whp with an Kenny Bell Blower, running 20 psi. We ran pretty much the same times, traction limited...1.9-2.3 60ft and 7.30-7.50's last night around 99-100mph on most of the runs. He might be at MVTW....

You're probably right, now I think of it it makes sense. I subscribe to their Racelegal facebook page and theres no mention of any last race. Whatever the case may be I hope it worked out for them as I'd hate to see them shutdown.

I believe you're right, Donnie. And may be on to something. I now believe it was intentional way to just get more people to just show up. If this is the case, it's a very shaddy business practice and really sends out the wrong message. Especially to all of us who have supported RaceLeagal for years on end. o_O

I believe you're right, Donnie. And may be on to something. I now believe it was intentional way to just get more people to just show up. If this is the case, it's a very shaddy business practice and really sends out the wrong message. Especially to all of us who have supported RaceLeagal for years on end. o_O
Can't really blame them. If people want the Stadium races to survive, they've got to support the program. The car and spectator counts were getting pretty dismal there for awhile. If they can't maintain a certain level of participation, it will go away.

Who else is going to help Rodiney87GN and I terrorize some Mustangs during the next MVTW?o_O

Too early to know for sure, but depending on kids baseball, basketball, and soccer games and practices, I would like to come out. Just did a trans service and installed the new front mount from Lou so curious how it'll run. Who knows, maybe I will change out the plugs that are years old too. ;)