Modified Kenne Bell Airdam

looks good, i would love to build one for my 81 century wagon.

Ever see the front end that Lauren Engineering has?

17675028.jpg

looks good, i would love to build one for my 81 century wagon.

Ever see the front end that Lauren Engineering has?

17675028.jpg

Thanks. I've seen them but it's not my style.

I have to take pics of the finished product and post them up. But I just got a new fiberglass bumper and the car is in pieces so it might (will) be awhile until I have a pic of it mounted on the car.

That will look great when its done! Nice job!

Mine is made by Rubbermaid.....Its literally half a trashcan from Menards....:biggrin:

Attachments

• Picture 136.jpg
    Picture 136.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,668
  • Picture 146.jpg
    Picture 146.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,702
Finally finished up. I had to wait and buy a fiberglass bumper before I could re-assemble it. I pray I dont hit anything with the front end. I even took a shot at some body work. I ended up shaving the header panel and fixing a broken chunk near the head lights. But the car still looks like crap anyways:rolleyes: . I think I should have painted the airdam flat black maybe :confused: :confused:

Also the front end doesnt sit that high normally. It currently has no heads, intake, turbo, battery, fluids.

Attachments

• front2.jpg
    front2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,614
  • front3.jpg
    front3.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,588
  • front4.jpg
    front4.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,605
Keep me posted on the console. I am giving it alot of thought also. I just installed a Pistol grip Pro Stick and don't want to cut mine up.

Thanks
Coach

Keep me posted on the console. I am giving it alot of thought also. I just installed a Pistol grip Pro Stick and don't want to cut mine up.

Thanks
Coach

I'm still trying to figure out the design I want, and where I want stuff mounted. I'm probably going to fleece the console and maybe add some hints of carbon fiber $$$$$$$. The problem is CF and epoxy resin are expensive and I dont want to screw it up. We will see what happens, I'll keep you posted ;)

This is Bens KB airdam that i'm redoing for him. Oh Ben here are some pics of my Brother-in-laws kills ;)
violent-smiley-017.gif

Attachments

• BensDam.jpg
    BensDam.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,342
  • Bensairdam 045.jpg
    Bensairdam 045.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,367
  • Elk1.jpg
    Elk1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,329
  • elk2.jpg
    elk2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,390
looking good... my wife want's to kick all my mounts out of the living room... looks like you sister has already drawn that line in the garage... nice mounts, keep the pics coming. Got the brakes together, but still have that problem with the bolts from the swaybar not clearing the exhaust... gotta figure that out before the car comes off the jackstands.

looking good... my wife want's to kick all my mounts out of the living room... looks like you sister has already drawn that line in the garage... nice mounts, keep the pics coming. Got the brakes together, but still have that problem with the bolts from the swaybar not clearing the exhaust... gotta figure that out before the car comes off the jackstands.

You could try denting the exhaust a little in that spot where it hits :eek:

Very nice! I have always loved those Kenny Bells! I would paint it satin black. I think you will like that better than flat. OBTW, air flow on my car is not a problem any longer!;)

SDC11657.jpg

A curb just customized mine into a 4 piece unit!:mad:
Oh well, I went to WallyWorld & got a fiberglass repair kit...
I had coated mine w/ rubberized undercoating but I found some truck bed liner in a spray can that I'm going to try next. It had a nice satin/flat pebble texture.

D :cool:

You could try denting the exhaust a little in that spot where it hits :eek:

Took a small piece of wood and used it as a shim while I lowered the car, it's not denting the exhaust, not yet... car launched really good, and felt like it handled night and day difference.... problem was after getting on it hard twice my temp shot up to 200 and wouldn't come down... :eek: shot home and shut her down, fans are not coming on for some reason WTF??? I fix one thing with this car and something else always goes wrong... story of this car is drive 5% of the time, then spend and fix the other 95% :mad:

Took a small piece of wood and used it as a shim while I lowered the car, it's not denting the exhaust, not yet... car launched really good, and felt like it handled night and day difference.... problem was after getting on it hard twice my temp shot up to 200 and wouldn't come down... :eek: shot home and shut her down, fans are not coming on for some reason WTF??? I fix one thing with this car and something else always goes wrong... story of this car is drive 5% of the time, then spend and fix the other 95% :mad:

Well it is pretty hot today. Make sure the fan switch is connected. Also make sure the fan resistor didnt take a crap. 5% huh..........for me its about 1%, consider yourself lucky :eek: :mad:

Well the original airdam I made for Ben got distorted and I just would'nt be happy with the end results (long story short, I was out of town for 3 weeks and something got phucked up while I was gone). So with that being said I made a new one for him and it is actually turning out really good. I used a trick my mom taught my dad back in the day. You take wax paper and lay it on the wet resin and use a squeege(sp) to pull the excess resin out (reduces overall weight). This makes a really nice and smooth surface to work with. I also laid a piece of drywall on the bottom of the airdam when it was curing to get a nice flat finish. The wax paper trick really is the $hit :D, it allows you to keep "working" the fiberglass around corners. I also got a peice of aluminum to keep the airdam from bowing in the middle (something I didnt think about when I did mine :rolleyes:). I still need to put another layer on some parts and sand, then comes the bondo, hopefully I be done with it soon and throw it on Bens car. I'm actually a little jealous because Bens is coming out better than mine, BUT mine is made for a front mount and his is going to attach to a Stock Location IC. Hopefully if will fit :eek: I dont have his car too close to mock it up, but I'm sure it will be :rolleyes:;):eek:.

Attachments

• bensairdam 004.jpg
    bensairdam 004.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 396
  • bensairdam 005.jpg
    bensairdam 005.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 376
  • bensairdam 006.jpg
    bensairdam 006.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 385