mercury marauder

Originally posted by GNVAIR
So were the 94-96 Impalas except they had another 69 cubic inches.
Here is one place that has been doing things with the Marauders.
http://www.alternativeauto.com/misc/marauder-news.html
http://www.alternativeauto.com/misc/lids_marauder.html

At GLD we had a drag day with b body's vs the maruader/crown vic guys.....lt1 b body's were consitently 4 tenths faster stock for stock when modded the b body's responded much better. The high tech 4.6 just isn't enough to match the extra cubes.
There still sweet cars, just a little slow. ;)

Originally posted by slow87
At GLD we had a drag day with b body's vs the maruader/crown vic guys.....lt1 b body's were consitently 4 tenths faster stock for stock when modded the b body's responded much better. The high tech 4.6 just isn't enough to match the extra cubes.
There still sweet cars, just a little slow. ;)

Yep, but there are still no b bodies in the 11's with untouched heads, cams, transmissions, convertors, exhaust, etc.
Lidio's Marauder had a bolt on 03 Cobra intake super charger and fuel system as well as a reflashed ecm & 4.10's to run 11.80's and a small 80 shot to go 11.40's. His isnt the only one like that either. There are quite a few other guys out there like that. It takes a lot of bolt on's (heads, cams, exhaust, etc) to get an LT1 b body to go that fast. That is where the hi tech motor has the advantage. No knocking the b bodies. Its just that you have to give credit where credit is due.

They were selling one in the Du Pont Registry with 479hp and SC'd. Didn't look too nice, and the price sucked.

Originally posted by notched
Yep, but there are still no b bodies in the 11's with untouched heads, cams, transmissions, convertors, exhaust, etc.

Are you saying that Maruaders can do this???

Originally posted by notched

Lidio's Marauder had a bolt on 03 Cobra intake super charger and fuel system as well as a reflashed ecm & 4.10's to run 11.80's and a small 80 shot to go 11.40's. His isnt the only one like that either. There are quite a few other guys out there like that. It takes a lot of bolt on's (heads, cams, exhaust, etc) to get an LT1 b body to go that fast. That is where the hi tech motor has the advantage. No knocking the b bodies. Its just that you have to give credit where credit is due.

I hope I'm mistaken that you are comparing a stock SS to a mauraduer with a supercharger, gears, and Nitous????? You don't think equal mods on an SS would show the Ford it's tailights??? :rolleyes:

Are the maruders gettin that fast? I do doubt we could do that with stock heads. Once you hit low 12's the heads seem to become the bottle neck. Maybe I just need to grow a bigger set, and try dual power adders:D Stock trans in the 11's I don't care what car it is. That is a bomb just waiting to go off.

I hope I'm mistaken that you are comparing a stock SS to a mauraduer with a supercharger, gears, and Nitous????? You don't think equal mods on an SS would show the Ford it's tailights???

Now were talking about what can be done with stock parts ;)

TSM guys should like this thread:p

Originally posted by CARTMAN
Are you saying that Maruaders can do this???

Yes, go to the links I posted above. If you dont believe me, then contact Lidio yourself.

I hope I'm mistaken that you are comparing a stock SS to a mauraduer with a supercharger, gears, and Nitous????? You don't think equal mods on an SS would show the Ford it's tailights??? :rolleyes:

No, I dont think adding a blower, gears and a small shot of spray would get the B body into the low 11's. No way No how as the stock iron heads and the stock cam become the bottle neck.
The guys with b bodies currently running in the 11's have to upgrade heads, cams, exhaust and a myriad of other parts to run the numbers. Again, I am not bad mouthing them. They are what they are. But just because people are going fast with a Ford isnt the end of the world. Heck, look what the turbo Supra guys can do compared to the Buick guys.

Originally posted by GNVAIR
No, I dont think adding a blower, gears and a small shot of spray would get the B body into the low 11's. No way No how as the stock iron heads and the stock cam become the bottle neck.
The guys with b bodies currently running in the 11's have to upgrade heads, cams, exhaust and a myriad of other parts to run the numbers. Again, I am not bad mouthing them. They are what they are. But just because people are going fast with a Ford isnt the end of the world. Heck, look what the turbo Supra guys can do compared to the Buick guys.

who said b body??? :D :D

I know we can go 12.0s with a bone stock motor!!!;) Have another stage II twin turbo car that makes the power to go 9.50s-60s If we could just get the chassiswork done, we'd be able to lay all that power down without blowing the rear glass out of the thing :eek:

Then my car...well lets just say you're all in for a nice surprise when we finish the back half.....ever see a full interior impala ss weigh in under 3500lbs?:eek: ;) :D

Then my car...well lets just say you're all in for a nice surprise when we finish the back half.....ever see a full interior impala ss weigh in under 3500lbs?

pfft whats the fun in that:p

Now make them blower's I wanna try this dual power adder idea:D