March 8th update

Each team is throwing $30 for food for the racers and dinners at 7:00p.m. Bring your own beverages!

Run ladders will be posted in our area (HFPC) no later than 8:15pm. If we can get our first round in at 8:30pm and the lines are not too long, we will go 4 rounds. Otherwise, 3 rounds. This will be headsup with a Pro.5 tree. Team with most wins is the top dog.

Is anyone running this Friday or Saterday night? I'll be running on Friday night...possibly Saterday too. I wanna see why the Turtle keeps breaking the 245 tires loose.

Originally posted by Geoff87
How many do cars do we need to field on our side? 6? or ......:confused:

Yes we will have to have 6 cars. If we are short we will loose one round each from what we are short from. But then we probally going to get our buts kicked anyways heard of some of their top dogs are trying to come out :eek:

Originally posted by TurboV6
Yes we will have to have 6 cars. If we are short we will loose one round each from what we are short from. But then we probally going to get our buts kicked anyways heard of some of their top dogs are trying to come out :eek:

Sounds like we really need Les to be there with his GN. I wish I could be there, but my car's still not ready yet.:(

Originally posted by Go For 1
Sounds like we really need Les to be there with his GN. I wish I could be there, but my car's still not ready yet.:(
ah just race'm...look me...i going be the slowest of the bunch :D

I got to work out some problems first, otherwise it will cost me big time. I definitely don't want to damage my newly rebuilt motor. When I get these issues worked out, I'll be out to see what it can do.;)

Just to show how crappy the hot-air did on Friday. I bested out at:
r/t - .704
60ft - 2.570
et@594' - 9.404
1/8 et - 10.026@72.33
1/4 et - 15.563@87.71
r/t - .672
60ft - 2.554
et@594' - 9.447
1/8 et - 10.71@72.10
1/4 et - 15.637@87.34
r/t - .553
60ft - 2.500
et@594' - 9.263
1/8 et - 9.878@73.15
1/4 et - 15.347@89.09

I dont know what's going on. I was running off the stock DP and boost was at 18psi and fuel pressure static was set at 39psi. I couldnt hold boost with the vac brakes at the line otherwise I'll start to creep up. hopefully the TC i'll be putting in tomorrow (I know I've been saying that for the longest time) will make a big difference. could be due to having just 92 pump in the tank as well. I never got a chance to pour in the some leftover xylene. I kinda blame it on the 60' pad too. I was getting squirly off the line and right after the boost lag kicked out. the 245/50/16 Comp T/A werent holding at all. I tried to to a decent burnout but, no smoke was to be seen. Also I'm losing it somewhere in the high end. I remember doing 15.1s@9Xmph before the car went down on 215/65/15s on 15psi and pump 92 on stock fuel pressure and stock injectors vs the 30lb i got in now :rolleyes:. I think the car is suffering from some sort of cancer. :p I hope I can find a cure soon. for reference, the rest of my mods are in my link below.

You're most likely losing the top end power, because the computer is pulling back the timing (KR). Running 92 octane and 18psi of boost probably gave several degrees of knock retard.

Originally posted by Go For 1
You're most likely losing the top end power, because the computer is pulling back the timing (KR). Running 92 octane and 18psi of boost probably gave several degrees of knock retard.

I think so too. 18lbs of boost is a little to high for 92. You got to work on those brakes to get your 60ft's down.

LOL, I think the only thing I improved on was my r/t's :D. I'll be backing down on the boost...I gave it a couple turns down...I havent checked how much boost that made, but it should be good for 15psi again. Also, from reading a thread in the hot-air section...running straight off the down pipe caused more boost. From what I recall when the rest of the piping was one, I was maxing at 15psi as well. Just removing the cat and the stock piping resulting in addition of 3psi :confused: :eek: WOW LAU LAU. I'll getting I'll be dumping about 2 gal of xylene for the race this weekend. I dont have a spare O2 so I cant run race gas just yet. I havent had the time to weld on the wastegate too so I cant run the LTDP. Maybe tomorrow as well after we commit to changing out the TC. My last run I held the brakes as best as I could...I think I got about 1psi, anymore...I'd trip the stage lights. I mashed it to the floor immediately with God foresaken lag. I could feel the back end get loose and the rear started to go to the left so I forced it to correct itself...as soon as I left the 60ft...the lag was out and the rear broke loose again. :mad: but it picked up immediately. right after the 1/8th marker I actually let off just a little bit and got right back on it. I didnt feel the car lose any momentum or gain any back. :confused: but it was the faster of the 3 runs. :rolleyes: Oh well...I just hope I'll do better next week Friday.

the TC is in, it spool up sooooooooooooooo much faster :D but this could hinder my launches :eek: cause i'm breaking my tires loose :p

What time is everyone meeting up on Saterday? I'll prolly be at the track by 6:30 and just kickin' it with whomever's there. I'll be at the track on Friday as well making some adjustments.

I'll be there also about 6:30. Who ever is racing need to be there by 7:00! I'll cover the $30 food tab for the 6 guys racing with us.