Lou Czarnota, Thank you!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
I want to thank Lou Czarnota for the work he has done on my GN. Most recently, he really helped me out when I decided to replace my tired old engine. It was just time and the opportunity was there, so I went for it.

He listened to my goals and did not try to oversell me.
He gave me a fantastic price on a mild performance newly rebuilt Czarnota engine.
His labor rate is very fair; he allowed me into his shop to participate and learn; he did things to the car to improve it and make it look better without charging me for the added touches; and he imparted his wisdom gained from 21 years of building Turbo Buicks on me.

I'm approaching 1000 miles on the new engine and it runs better and better as it loosens up. :biggrin: ....and Lou has invited me back twice so he can check the health and make any necessary adustments at no extra charge.

The car is so much stronger at 17 psi now than it was at 20 psi before that it's kind of scary. I could add more boost...but I really don't have to at this point....I'd just blow the tires off anyway. I'm a happy guy and I'm confident this car will easily smoke almost anything I'll come across on the street with the current tune.:D ....and I'm still running a stock downpipe and turbo....

Lou...thank you!
I sincerley appreciate what you have done for me and look forward to taking the next steps under your guidance.
The level of service you have provided is unbeatable!!!
:D
Tim

Nice write up!

BTW - Don't forget about his sence of humor, if anyone could make you laugh on the worst day of you life it would be him. Lou is top notch and I personaly can't wait to get back to Kalifornia -..(Gotta love Arnold).. in the next year or so. :smile:

Definitelu top notch service.
He invited me back this past weekend so we could re-torque the heads now that I have some miles on the motor. No charge!

He also hooked me up with some RJC rocker shaft straps as valve train insurance. Charged for the parts only, no labor.

A couple weeks back he let me see the guts of my old engine as he tore it down for rebuild. It was close to catastrophe. I had been getting audible rod knock at WOT ever since I bought the car, until I finally added Razors kit. Well...all my rod bearings were toast.

Lou is the only Turbo Buick guy who will be laying hands on this GN other than Len Freeman (at Lou's and others recommendation) when it comes time to do my transmission.

Tim

Turbo LOU

This is so ODD, or just FATE. I just met Lou for the first time Wed, to see if I could get him to work on my WE4 because we are here in Cali and then I see this write up on him. I am very happy to hear that people are satisfied with Lou. Lou if you catch this, I'm sure you will remember talking with me. See you soon.

I strongly thank Lou for his help in getting my GN on the road plus his great service over the phone. I got to agree with you meanchicken Lou will be the only guy to lay hands on my GN thanks.

AL

Best part about Lou to me he does it just for the love of the cars.... Don't find that much!

Best part about Lou to me he does it just for the love of the cars.... Don't find that much!

That's the truth.
He didn't simply just drop the engine in and spin me out the door to make room for the next job. The man took his time, made sure everything was right, detailed things a bit, and then when he knew it was complete, he called.

Then the follow up calls to see how things are going and to bring me back to retorque the heads, etc.
... All the free advice...

Can't pay enough for this level of service.

Tim

Even the time you got that speeding ticket:D ?

Actually....yeeaaah...:tongue:
I got the ticket before Lou made me an offer I couldn't refuse on the new motor.

If he had offered it to me before the ticket....I would have been going a lot faster.
A lot faster!:biggrin:

I have to say that just I ran across this thread as I was reading about that slam fest on Len Freeman. I was feeling both angry & sad about what was being said about him. One pissed off customer can cause a lot of damage. Reputations are hard to earn & easily lost. No one remembers the good quite like the bad. That's why it's important to me that expectations are met or exceeded here in my shop. Tim & all thanks for the kind words & the encouragement to continue & I really appreciate it. Lou

I had the pleasure of meeting Lou this weekend. What a great guy, comes in on a Saturday to meet up with me to take a look at what's up with my engine. I tried to stay out of the way, but you know how curiosity gets when you're around someone who really knows how to get around the TB! It's like art. He showed me some things, gave me some advice, and we went over some options. He was a great guy to chat with and deal with. I even got to see his GNX, what a beauty! Thanks for all that you did for me Lou!

Rest assured, Lou. You have a fan club.:D

Don't go a quittin' any time soon!!!
Damn! I really don't know what to say except for thanks & I'm unusually speechless & you ain't seen nothing yet, Thanks so much Lou

Just turned over 3000 miles on my Czarnota motor and loving every one of them.

Now I'm giving thanks to Lou for my new transmission, 3200 rpm billet lock-up converter, Setrab trans cooler, and FMIC install. Just picked up the GN tonight and WOW, what a difference!
:biggrin:

You da' man, Lou!
Thanks for the very fair pricing too. Definitely helps to smooth all this upgrading over with the wife.;)

Don't go a changin'

Just turned over 3000 miles on my Czarnota motor and loving every one of them.

Now I'm giving thanks to Lou for my new transmission, 3200 rpm billet lock-up converter, Setrab trans cooler, and FMIC install. Just picked up the GN tonight and WOW, what a difference!
:biggrin:

You da' man, Lou!
Thanks for the very fair pricing too. Definitely helps to smooth all this upgrading over with the wife.;)

Don't go a changin'
Thanks Tim,Yep you defiantly got the bug & are a goner but I don't think the wife minds as long as your not upgrading her lol