Just put down 573rwhp/640ft lbs with a 6265

I've run 35psi with no problems. The hose needs to pass the bead by at least the thickness of the clamp. If there's no bead, the hose is too short, or the clamp is the wrong size then there is no integrity and it will probably blow off. Usually happens when you are racing someone.

"Nothing bad every happens at a good time".<BAG>

Well, now my original 1987 MAF crapped out, or so it seems, getting both codes 33 and 34 now. Just got in my 4" pipe with Z06 maf, gotta order the translator and maybe the IAC angle relocate piece and try again..I swear, I am not making this $hit up! haha. I honestly cannot believe it lasted this long.

Well, now my original 1987 MAF crapped out, or so it seems, getting both codes 33 and 34 now. Just got in my 4" pipe with Z06 maf, gotta order the translator and maybe the IAC angle relocate piece and try again..I swear, I am not making this $hit up! haha. I honestly cannot believe it lasted this long.

Gremlins do exist. You just have to eliminate them one at a time.

I went to the Eric's SD chip and got rid of MAF and Translator. It has worked very well for me.

Car pulled 588 HP and 570 TC at 5390 RPM on a Mustang dyno when the valves floated and then it faded. 25#'s of boost with 101 fuel and dual line of alky. Easy 10's , right? Not at all. Convertor sucked and more power, more slip. Finally went to a PTC 9.5 non lock and it would run high, high 10's at 27-28#'s of boost. Finally determined engine could not take the air that the 6265 turbo was shoving at it so got a stroker kit, DLS 218/218 roller cam and roller rockers. Best run with new setup is 10.37@132 on 93/alky and 24#'s of boost with a crappy 60' and breaking 3 teeth off the ring gear. Gremlins have attacked me since then so I ended up with Ford 9" and Detroit locker. Some other gremlins appeared and some of them were created by me such as locating the WBO2 sensor too close to the turbo and some others. Relocated the WB and adjusted the tune and car feels stronger on lower boost.

Turbo is early model 6265JB and I think the oil seal is leaking but I will try an adjustable spring in the oil pump before I have it repaired/modified. Great turbo and it does come alive at 25.

Hope you get all the kinks out and car runs to you expectations.

Watch out for over boost if replacing the stock MAF. Its going to spoolup quite a bit quicker and youre taking a lot of resistance away and the ex energy requried will drop. Backpressure will drop too because the energy required to drive the turbine will be less.

PL is reading around 28. I actually turned it down to around 26 since it's gotten so hot out, but I've not been beating on it during the day anyway. Translator should ship by Friday so maybe I can make it to the track next week, and verify that this dyno isn't lying!

Great numbers!!!!

hope you consider coming to Bowling Green and run TAI!!!!

your car would fit RITE IN!!!!

check out the TAI RACIN SECTION!!!!

JD

There are a lot of guys on here running stock MAF, when do you have to upgrade to a translator and Zo6 MAF?????? Do you run out of air pressure that stock MAF can handle???

Turbo fixed and car pulls pretty good.

Ready to head to the track Friday if it is dry here but, dang, racing in 100 degree temps is not as much fun as 60.:)

There are a lot of guys on here running stock MAF, when do you have to upgrade to a translator and Zo6 MAF?????? Do you run out of air pressure that stock MAF can handle???

Seems like a lot of guys run stock until the stock breaks. Then there is talk about how the new ones are way off calibration all the time, so it's a good time to upgrade to the translator, and while your there upgrade the size.

My original MAF is saved in a box. Had a 3" MAF and Translator and they worked well. Became interested in SD chip and sold them both. Have never regretted the decision to run SD
chip.

Funny you ask this!! Have you seen where the two are reading different???

Still no track updates??
Yes. My gauge shows 2psi higher than my MAP... But I always go off the MAP sensor. Seems like most people have a discrepancy in boost values between the two. I trust the MAP sensor if I'm looking for a limit because my alky is tied to it and not the gauge.

Yes the map and boost are almost never the same Mine is probably within a lb or two

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sorry, just got the LT1 MAF and Translator installed, I think a setting is off, just gotta find the time to open it up and check it out, drive a little more - we're getting there!

This was one one of the reasons I decided to get away from MAF.:eek:

Attachments

• DSC01471.jpg
    DSC01471.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 268