Just put down 573rwhp/640ft lbs with a 6265

When money is right here, I'm may do the same. I see a lot of potential with this combo. That a bad ass turbo!!!

I'm glad to see the capability of the 6265 turbo being recognized. Most of the emphasis has been on the 6262 and then the 6466 when it came out.

I'm with 87_we4, my car is a blast to drive on the street, too.

87_we4, what are your track times?

We've ALL been waiting for some actual time slips since you posted this thread!!! Hurry up and run the damn thing down the track! o_O

;)
ks

I'm glad to see the capability of the 6265 turbo being recognized. Most of the emphasis has been on the 6262 and then the 6466 when it came out.

I'm with 87_we4, my car is a blast to drive on the street, too.

87_we4, what are your track times?
I haven't ran it at the track but I'm sure it will run high 10's. The tune seams to be on really close

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You'll never know if you don't go to the track.
Im in the 6265 camp too. Combo being close to Quick Six's. I dynoed 501HP & 511TQ @ 19-20 psi. Went to the track on that tune and ran 11.0 @ 122 in 103 degree weather. I was hoping for my 10sec pass. Very weak 1.6 60ft. Based on the dyno numbers and car weight, the TCI racing calculator nailed my 1/4 time within a few tenths. If the "combo" is right, it will run the number!

Im in the 6265 camp too. Combo being close to Quick Six's. I dynoed 501HP & 511TQ @ 19-20 psi. Went to the track on that tune and ran 11.0 @ 122 in 103 degree weather. I was hoping for my 10sec pass. Very weak 1.6 60ft. Based on the dyno numbers and car weight, the TCI racing calculator nailed my 1/4 time within a few tenths. If the "combo" is right, it will run the number!

Go to http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm and open the "Compute MPH and Ideal Times" option, line #9, and it will allow you to enter any result off your time slip and will compute where you should have been at all of the rest of the recorded points. Your 122 MPH should have been 10.86 ET and 60 ft. of 1.51 according to WR.

I study this information and it helps me to see the places where I need to tune.

Also look at your gain in the back half of the track. Should be running 26 MPH more than 1/8th mile.

Two more things: Low boost with alky can cause knock and "The 6265 comes alive at 25!" :)

Go to http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm and open the "Compute MPH and Ideal Times" option, line #9, and it will allow you to enter any result off your time slip and will compute where you should have been at all of the rest of the recorded points. Your 122 MPH should have been 10.86 ET and 60 ft. of 1.51 according to WR.

I study this information and it helps me to see the places where I need to tune.

Also look at your gain in the back half of the track. Should be running 26 MPH more than 1/8th mile.

Two more things: Low boost with alky can cause knock and "The 6265 comes alive at 25!" :)
My 60's are killing me. Since i drove to the track those times i didnt really want to launch hard. Im doing a few things to the suspension and boost control setup and plan to be at those boost levels. Im looking for 10.50's or better. Injectors will be my next limiting factor.

I almost beat my car to death with my former combo trying to get into the 10's. Finally went into high 10's after putting in a PTC 9.5 NL convertor but had to flog it pretty hard. Motor simply did not have the right components to handle the air that the turbo was trying to shove through it. Mangled some parts and I said fug it and got the components I thought would get the job done. Didn't count on crunching the rear end but the new one is very strong and hooks well.

Not sure why you are not launching well. If you send me a log of the 11.0 run with your settings for PL, I'll see if I can see something you don't.

I read so much about torque converters it has me thinking the 9.5 non lock up is the way to go. I didn't mean to get off topic just an observation.

I read so much about torque converters it has me thinking the 9.5 non lock up is the way to go. I didn't mean to get off topic just an observation.
It truly is the truth. I've had the 10' l/u unit but didnt really get track time with it. I did got on it in the streets. Cant hardly tell any difference with the 9.5..n/l

It's me holding back;-). Just got the HR rear bar, adj uppers, and beefed up the u joints and drive shaft. Plan on practicing with the TBrake which i know i dont really need but launching alot harder than used to.

I almost beat my car to death with my former combo trying to get into the 10's. Finally went into high 10's after putting in a PTC 9.5 NL convertor but had to flog it pretty hard. Motor simply did not have the right components to handle the air that the turbo was trying to shove through it. Mangled some parts and I said fug it and got the components I thought would get the job done. Didn't count on crunching the rear end but the new one is very strong and hooks well.

Not sure why you are not launching well. If you send me a log of the 11.0 run with your settings for PL, I'll see if I can see something you don't.
Ill try to find the ole' laptop that had those runs
S