Its Back!!!! TWINZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

its just a stupid comment
specially every time some one tries to do something new they get flamed and hammered with "do it this way its proven to work"

That's EXACTLY why I built mine. Alot of what I build is because someone said it wouldn't work or it won't fit. Twin turbos on a 355FI Ferrari in a 308. Tandem twins on a Buick. Precision front mount in a TTA. 3.5" downpipe in a TTA (with-out kinks/falt spots) Installing a Rolls Griffon V-12 in a VW Bug..........Ok THAT didn't fit after-all.;)

That's EXACTLY why I built mine. Alot of what I build is because someone said it wouldn't work or it won't fit. Twin turbos on a 355FI Ferrari in a 308. Tandem twins on a Buick. Precision front mount in a TTA. 3.5" downpipe in a TTA (with-out kinks/falt spots) Installing a Rolls Griffon V-12 in a VW Bug..........Ok THAT didn't fit after-all.;)

We once made an "Oldsmo-beetle"...it was the front wheel drive half of the 70 Olds Toronado 455 welded onto the front on a 68 Bug, so it was still a rear engine car. Traction out the azz. It was raced for years at Thompson Dragway and was lost in a garage fire in the early 90's.:(

:biggrin:

Cracks me up every time I read the "sheep" comment. :D

Why? Because its true?

This twin kit and the ISAC were enough to cure me of wanting to develop anything else for these cars. The twin kit was insane, made crazy power and 100% streetable. It spooled better than a comparable single and didnt need the converter that a big single did. Bunch of tire kickers but no takers.

Same with the ISAC. Light years ahead of everyone else and cant give em away. People just cant get away from that dimmer switch.

Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey jay, I put the money up and all I recieved was your promisses and a car in pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after over a year.

Don't trust anything Jay has to say.

George:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thread back on topic...

This spring I hope to get the "twin" car back out. Need to change out one of the turbos. I will post results:biggrin:

Wow, a Sc guy screwed over? I guess we arent all "sheep"?

As far as the set-up. Would it be more recommended to use a 4.1 block with the set-up? I would be worried about giving the ol 109 too much?

Are you talking stage block?

I think its proven the 109 can take more than the 4.1 block.

However, I think the twin setup could extract more HP out of the 4.1 before it cracks than a single...

Wow, a Sc guy screwed over? I guess we arent all "sheep"?

As far as the set-up. Would it be more recommended to use a 4.1 block with the set-up? I would be worried about giving the ol 109 too much?

Long story, let it die...

Yes it would work, the 4.1 has it limits compared to the 109 anyway... If you are looking mid high 10's the 4.1 should be okay...

I would think the overall economy right now would have an impact on sales of any new product. I can actually view a good deal in the parts for sale section before it is gone! Unfortunately this is a piss poor time for me to buy anything, just like most others.

Back to the twins. At what point, combo wise, would this setup really start to shine over a single? Is this too much for stock heads?

I would think that someone, somewhere, could justify this. If you are moving enough air to step up to a set of aftermarket headers and a big single turbo, this would be a great alternative. Maybe the used turbos play a part in it? If you don't want to trust those without a rebuild, it would add a bunch to the cost.

no disrespect

1. I think interest faltered when the test car suffered some down time. I think it was on the video, maybe the head gasket blew or something.

2. I think people under estimated the power of your system's capabilities. Many wanted and entertained the thought of a twin system and suddenly realized that their engine wasn't up to par. The added cost of strengthening the shortblock, maybe adding better or just porting their heads, tranny upgrades, tuning ,......... you guys know the routine. 10-15K+ later. Now if everyone started with a stage 2 short/long block, different story.

Once the test car gets back up and running, couple track runs, post respectful #'s ( hp/torque/track times), smoke a few Mustangs and new Camaros, the interest will return.

With all due respect Jay, and I am in no way trying to be rude at all here but simply expressing what I see...

Either item mentioned has not truely proven it's self out in the real world that I have seen, if so, It should be posted for everyone to see! The twins set up was installed on your test car but was never really driven/tested long to let the people know it was a success as far as durability and things of that nature..

The same thing has happened to the ISAC, I remember this coming out and seen where some have bought it but that was it, nothing since which I was looking forward to reading about.. The big problem is that no one has come forward and posted much about it after that, which in turn looks to the members as a non successfull project.. Although it may not have been it just apears that way to the public..

The best thing to do in this economy is to have a test mule that will showcase the product and do real world testing and actually post all the results Good or Bad for the members to see and read. EXPOSURE is Key! The more of it, the better the product sales will be...

Exposure of a new product has been the key to new products selling for as long as I can remember and without it sales die or never take off!

I think they were both great ideas that were simply not pushed far enough to actually catch the eye of the public...

Hope I didn't make anyone mad, but it's just my thought....

Scot W.

^ i agree with the above. i would love to try the isac but when i read about it i kind of get lost. im still trying to learn the xfi and that has me lost. i can tune a PL setup no problem but the ISAC looks to be in another leauge.

There has been a few board members use the Isac with great success. It is much more than just a "controller." It stands on its on, it is different thats for sure. Its time will come I feel...

Far as the twins. It works, the car ran great and dyno'd even better. Time and sorry azz help didn't allow for the car to be showcased right at the TB Nats.

It is a simple concept, double the boost:biggrin:

I would think the overall economy right now would have an impact on sales of any new product. I can actually view a good deal in the parts for sale section before it is gone! Unfortunately this is a piss poor time for me to buy anything, just like most others.

Back to the twins. At what point, combo wise, would this setup really start to shine over a single? Is this too much for stock heads?

I would think that someone, somewhere, could justify this. If you are moving enough air to step up to a set of aftermarket headers and a big single turbo, this would be a great alternative. Maybe the used turbos play a part in it? If you don't want to trust those without a rebuild, it would add a bunch to the cost.

I think twins is becoming a more popular way to go, it's just that this particular project (IMHO) suffered from a marketing failure, and no serious road/test time as has been mentioned.

Twins have some advantages, if done correctly: being able to run two very small turbos virtually eliminates lag. Mounting them right at the exhaust manifold simplifies plumbing (unless you're going to intercool).

Need proof of the popularity of twins, just look at Ford, their Eco-boost system (twin turbo 3.5 v6 365hp) in 3 Fords(Flex, Taurus, F150) and two Lincolns(MKT, MKS) are selling like hot cakes and they expect sales to exceed 200,000 units per year soon. Having driven a couple, it's THE RIGHT WAY TO GO!! Instant boost and serious power for such heavy vehicles!! And the F150 eco boost is going to have an 11,000# towing capacity!!! Know any chevy 1500's or dodge 1500's with that rating?

Back on subject. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about the complexity of the ISAC. I also believed that to be a sticking point. I did a lot of readiong and looking at the software, and really really got wrapped around the axle trying to figure out the in's and out's of the unit.

Like most other complex devices, it needed marketing, testamonials, and more importantly, someone that can explain each and every available function, and how to use it in the real world. IOW, "this setting will do this", "that setting will do that", and so on and so on.

No criticism, just some thoughts.

Maybe the used turbos play a part in it? .

Funny, if you only knew the real motive behind the original Project X.

I don't understand all the talk about needing to upgrade for twins, short block can't handle it...

The whole point was to put the original X on a stock car/long block..

Funny, if you only knew the real motive behind the original Project X.

I don't understand all the talk about needing to upgrade for twins, short block can't handle it...

The whole point was to put the original X on a stock car/long block..

I agree. Can be done very simply too... We have it nailed...

I agree. Can be done very simply too... We have it nailed...

I could be wrong but didn't people ask you to re-vamp the X project because they wanted one??

I didn't think you guys were trying to push this project?

Thats what I don't get. ITs your falt they thought they wanted one. :confused:

I could be wrong but didn't people ask you to re-vamp the X project because they wanted one??

I didn't think you guys were trying to push this project?

Thats what I don't get. ITs your falt they thought they wanted one. :confused:

Just sayin... I got a set and anyone that can can make headers should be able to duplicate them....