Is this fixable?

84GNTTOP

Hi guys - Just scored a complete 87 Motor for my 1984 GN conversion. This water neck on the intake looks removable but not sure?

IMG_0031.JPG

Yeah that comes out. new and old ones are available through the vendors and members here on the board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Now I just need to save up for the rebuild

Attachments

• IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    312.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    293.3 KB · Views: 137
Put a big socket inside the neck with an extension on the end of it. Then rock it up and down to remove with the least difficulty possible. That one is going to need a lot of soaking in PB Blaster first.

And clamp the neck to the socket so it becomes one rigid fixture. That'll make getting it out a lot easier.

Or since you're going to rebuild it, pull the manifold and soak it first.

And clamp the neck to the socket so it becomes one rigid fixture. That'll make getting it out a lot easier.

Or since you're going to rebuild it, pull the manifold and soak it first.
Great idea Earl. I'll do that since I plan on sand blasting it anyway. It'll be a while before I get to the motor. I'm building the suspension right now, but I'm also gather parts for my LC2 swap. Thanks for your help.

Before you sand blast it, BLOCK OFF the insides, and the EGR paths.

It's impossible to get all the sand out before building the engine...

....but you can bet your ass it'll start coming loose after it's running!

Before you sand blast it, BLOCK OFF the insides, and the EGR paths.

It's impossible to get all the sand out before building the engine...

....but you can bet your ass it'll start coming loose after it's running![/QUOTE
Yea - I was a little worried about that. I plan to completely mask all machined surfaces and block all holes. The last thing I want is sand in a brand new block...