Inner Fender Door

Update

No we have not made them yet.....to save cost I will try to use the vacuform machine at our facility, I bought the first sheet of ABS to verify our machine has enough vacuum for the draw of this tool. I trial run should be next week. So if you are still interested in buying you still have a chance. It looks like I will make 20-30 sets based on the current requests. Regards Rick :biggrin:

rick i will want a set also-since i have a few hunt racing parts

and maybe try Richard to get some volume on this

Update II

Wanted to let everyone know the trial run of the parts for the wheelhouse outer panels went well :smile: . Not to say it went perfectly as the first part we ran did not form at all :mad: , so we made a change to the outer frame that holds the plastic that significantly improved the part quality. Life is good:biggrin: .
I have ordered the material and will start forming the parts next week if possible (trip out of town for work). You will receive instruction with the parts along with new Push –Pins (yes the production GNX Push Pins;) ) with the Kit. I have not yet come up with pricing but it will be around $100 a set.
FYI…these parts will be marked on the back side so they can be distinguished from the originals…it will not effect the looks of the part when on the vehicle. I do not want someone selling these :mad: as original OEM Components when they are not. I hope you understand. Thanks Rick:D :D
PS. It is not to late to put in a request.

I have not yet come up with pricing but it will be around $100 a set.
FYI…these parts will be marked on the back side so they can be distinguished from the originals…

Put me down for 2 sets at that price:biggrin: I think a mark on the back is the right thing to do as it will keep people from passing them off as the real thing like you said.

Thanks Rick, As I Said, "i,m In For A Set"

plus your door striker kit for me as discussed:biggrin:

hey Rick
have you told RC about your project?
there may or may not be a few more there for you

Update III

Parts have been formed:D , and one set was trimmed and sent out to be place in a car to make sure everything fits properly. When I get feedback that everything is perfect I will finish trimming the remainder of the parts. I want to make sure this goes off without any hiccups;) . Regards Rick

Here is a picture.

Attachments

• gnxaccessdoor.jpg
    gnxaccessdoor.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 353
Final Update

ALL,

Yes we have good news; the parts are completed and are ready for delivery.:biggrin: We tested a set of parts on one of our group’s vehicles with very good results.

What we have learned is the holes for the fasteners may vary from GNX to GNX so if you are using this for a GNX I would recommend you put the holes in the patch panels by copying the hole pattern from your current parts. If you are putting this in a GN I will put the holes in for you.

If you have requested a set of parts from this thread you will be getting an e-mail giving you my address for sending the payment along with this same message. Thanks for your patience while I have been making these parts, it is greatly appreciated.

The price for the set of parts including instructions, fasteners and shipping will be $95 dollars. If you are buying two sets it will be $185. Please specify if it’s going in a GNX So I won’t put the fastener mounting holes in them.
Thanks again, Rick :)

Attachments

• wheelhouse patch.jpg
    wheelhouse patch.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 273
Wheelhouse Patch

The wheelhouse patch was real easy to install. Looks new again(no gaping hole) was alot easier than trying to make up something myself. Would definitely recommend the installation if yours is cracked or broken as my was or you have a clearance problem.

Disclaimer

FYI….If you are doing a conversion from a GN. In order to get the optimum clearances there are three components that need to be added to give it the same clearances as a production GNX has. One, this patch panel. Two as small bracket on the front fender to push the front of the wheelhouse forward and last but not least the upper wheelhouse panel as seen on page two of the Prototype thread.
I do not know what clearance issues (if any) you may have with the tire and wheel combinations you may be using on your vehicle if you only use the patch panel. Regards Rick