Inner Fender Door

BAILEY

Third Owner Of #538. What Is The Purpose Of The Inner Fender Access Door? The Driver's Side Door On This Car Is Broken And Cracked, Any Idea Where I Can Get A Replacement?

Are you talking about the area cut out of the rear of the inner panel of the wheel well to provide clearance for the larger tires?

Info In -----> Info Out

What is the precise location
of the "inner fender door"?

What size is it?

What is it made of?

How is it attached?

What are its dimensions/measurements?

Innerfender Door

The Door Is Located On The Underside Of The Wheelwell Liner Near The Fire Wall. It Measurees Approx 15x8 Inches And Is Made Of What Appears To Be Plastic

Here's the "trap door" from one of mine...

It helps clear the fat tires, but there's always a story behind each of these mods so hopefully Rick will comment on this.

Perhaps you'd be able to cut a new piece from semi-flexible plastic to the shape of the original...

Doug

Attachments

• DSCF1527.jpg
    DSCF1527.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 883
Fenderwell Door

Thanks For Posting The Pic Doug. Thats What I'am Looking To Replace Or Fix Somehow. I Have Mine Off The Car Now. It Is Smooth On One Side And Has A Textured Finish On The Other. Info From Asc Gives It A Part # 12332867 And Calls It A Wheel House Access Door.

It helps clear the fat tires, but there's always a story behind each of these mods so hopefully Rick will comment on this.

Perhaps you'd be able to cut a new piece from semi-flexible plastic to the shape of the original...

Doug

The Wheelhouse Outer Patch was made because of the larger tire and wheel combination used on the vehicle. During jounce and rebound of the suspension the tire hit the production wheelhouse outer, so we simply cut out the area that it was hitting and replaced it with this ABS vacuformed panel. What I have pictured is a vacuform tool I made previously; this is not the production tool but it will make production quality parts.:)
If there is a demand for this part I will make several sets and sell them but I need to make several components or the set up charge will be cost prohibited. If you want me to make parts please reply to this thread (price will be based on demand). I promise I will ask for a fair price. Just because it is for a GNX I will not take you to the cleaners. Please respond if you want me to make parts, the more of a commitment I get the cheaper it will be. Regards Rick

Attachments

• DSCN0225.jpg
    DSCN0225.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 832
  • DSCN0226.jpg
    DSCN0226.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 839
Wheelhouse Patch

Sign Me Up. I'd Take A Pair. I Dont Know If Mine Just Became Brittle Or The Owner Before Me Bottomed It Out Or Maybe A Rock Or Combination Of The Above. Thanks For The Info.

Seems these pieces would be just as
appropriate & useful for any TR using
larger tires than the factory Eagle GTs.

(And extrapolate that to also
include use on some other G-bods.)

Be nice to have more front tire clearance.

Trap Door Sets

The Wheelhouse Outer Patch was made because of the larger tire and wheel combination used on the vehicle. During jounce and rebound of the suspension the tire hit the production wheelhouse outer, so we simply cut out the area that it was hitting and replaced it with this ABS vacuformed panel. What I have pictured is a vacuform tool I made previously; this is not the production tool but it will make production quality parts.:)
If there is a demand for this part I will make several sets and sell them but I need to make several components or the set up charge will be cost prohibited. If you want me to make parts please reply to this thread (price will be based on demand). I promise I will ask for a fair price. Just because it is for a GNX I will not take you to the cleaners. Please respond if you want me to make parts, the more of a commitment I get the cheaper it will be. Regards Rick

Sign me up for 2 sets. Just email me the price and time frame.